HELP! Songdoc's too Dumb to Post his Kauai Pix

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anybody help techno-challenged Songdoc figure out how to post his pix?

FYI, I've set up an album at Shutterfly and at Kodak -- but in both instances, it seems I have to send a specific email invitation to those I want to invite to view the album.

I tried sending an email to myself (which seemed like a great idea) ... but when I send that link to others as a test -- it doesn't work.

AAAGGGHHHHH! ;-(

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM

I had lots of trouble using a few different programs.

I finally settled on Picada which is from Google and it is really nice to use and it is easy for anyone to see.

http://picasa.google.com/

Deb
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM

Here's some samples:

http://picasaweb.google.com/DebitNM

Deb
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM
dmlove

This was so confusing to me at first, but understand that Picasa is different from (but related to) Picasaweb. To publish your pictures on picasaweb, go into picasaweb dot com, set up an account. Then click on "upload pictures". You upload your pictures to either from your computer (if you've already uploaded them from your camera), or directly from the camera. You can make each album that you set up in Picasaweb public or private as you choose.

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM

Hello from an electronically challenged person

I use WorldIsRound - it gives you a choice of opened to everybody or password-protected pictures. After that, I send a link in e-mail or post the link on Fodor's.

Learned from other Fodorites.

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:23 PM
dmlove

I should have added....once you make the album, you can insert a link in a thread here, but know that once someone clicks on that link, they'll be able to view ALL of your "public" albums.

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:24 PM

dmlove, you are correct. I use picasa to download and manage pictures on my computer, but use picasaweb to post on the internet.

Deb
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:39 PM

I'm interested.
When I plug in my camera, the pictures upload to the Canon site.
So would I then transfer them to Picasa?
Deb, is this where you organize and keep all your pictures? NOt in 'my pictures"?

Then do you transfer some of them to Picasaweb when you want to post them somewhere?

I really must get into this. My pictures are all just sitting in 'my pictures' file.
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:42 PM
dmlove

Then do you transfer some of them to Picasaweb when you want to post them somewhere?

I transfer all my pictures even if I don't want to post them somewhere. I just think it's safer to have them in two places -- on my computer hard drive, and in cyberspace. The ones on Picasaweb are "downsized" so they aren't good for printing like the ones on your hard drive, but they're great for viewing in email or on the computer.

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 05:46 PM

Dmlove, thank you.
I don't know much about it, but I DO know I have to do something. This sounds like it is the best, as far as being the easiest.
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 06:09 PM

Songdoc send me a specific invite ([email protected]) and I will post the link here - we'll see if that works!
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 07:26 PM

Here's another photo sharing site I've head good reports on.
smugmug.com/
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM

I'm like Faina...electronically challenged ;-) I saw that several Fodorites use Worldisround, so I tried it. It is easy to use, or I would not be able to do it! I posted a few pics from our O'ahu trip http://worldisround.com/articles/334335/index.html
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM

should have used photobucket. told you so.
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM

worldisround.com looks really fascinating however. i may start using that, as you can view full sized pics
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:51 AM

Here are Songdoc's photos - you don't have to register just go the the link and then click on "View pictures"

http://tinyurl.com/34hz5s
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 06:05 AM

kodi,
I use the picasa to get the pictures from my camera into My Pictures on my hard drive.

I was using Adobe Album Starter 3.0 but didn't like the was it stored the photos [format was their own and I had a tought time finding them and then doing anything with them that wasn't Adobe]. I found it to be a "picture pig" -- despite having other software to use on my computer to do the job; Adobe insisted on butting in and taking over the downloading process!

So, I used the picasa and it will download the pictures to my computer [My Pictures folder or whereever I CHOOSE[ as opposed to Adobe which put things where IT wanted to]. Once the pictures are downloaded, there is a button to click for you to upload the picture to picasaweb by creating an album.

You can change the album, add or delete pictures, create new albums, have public ones and have private ones too.

The picasa allows editing, captions etc of the pictures too.

Hope this helps,
Deb
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 02:40 PM

Songdoc, I really love your pictures! You got some great shots at Ke'e, and your Maha'ulepu pictures are just wonderful! My last trip to Kaua'i was several years ago and I didn't have a digital camera then...reliving my own memories through your great photos 8-)
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Thaks Deb, That's the part I was not understanding. My pictures load automatically with the Canon software ( I guess!).
That was with my first Canon Camera. I haven't downloaded the software for my new Canon camera. It might be the same program. It's beyond me.. I'm waiting for my nephew to come and do it.

SO if I'm happy with the Canon software, then I guess I just go to 'my pictures' to transfer stuff to Picasaweb. Is that right?
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM

I think so kodi, you go to picasaweb and set up an account there and then you should be able to upload your pictures.

Good luck!

By the way, I love the fuji camera. All the pictures on my picasaweb were taken with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -