Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Help! PA Dutch w/infant. Need Lodging w/Fridge & Stove/Microwave

Help! PA Dutch w/infant. Need Lodging w/Fridge & Stove/Microwave

Aug 13th, 2003, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Help! PA Dutch w/infant. Need Lodging w/Fridge & Stove/Microwave

We are traveling from NYC by car (8/29-9/2)to Dutch Country, PA. We are looking for a nice place that's infant friendly. We must have a suite-type facility or an extra room and absolutely must have a fridge, as well a stove or microwave (to warm up the little one's formula & food). The place must have enough room to accommodate his pack & play for sleeping.

The little one is a crawler so a cramped room will not do.

I've looked at the Warwick Inn & Suites...anyone know this place?

We need somewhere that's centrally located since we would like to take the little guy to the Strasburg Railroad, on buggy rides, etc. Please, please, please, all suggestions that are appropriate for an infant/toddler are welcome.

BTW, is it worth taking an infant to Hershey Park? I would think not, but thought I would ask.

Many thanks.
Andrea.
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:49 AM

Not sure if the location is exactly what you want but we stayed at the Resident's Inn in Harrisburg last summer. Very close to Hershey but a bit of a drive to Bird-In-Hand and other Amish areas (maybe 30 minutes if I remember right). It meets all other requirements that you've mentioned plus it had a nice pool area and the staff was accommodating. It was very clean also. There may be other Residents Inn closer.

Aug 13th, 2003, 08:55 AM

dutch wonderland would be better for him than hershey
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Bennie & Melissa, any others? BENNIE, I will look into Residents Inn but if we have to travel for 1/2 hr. for each excursion, that might be a bit much.

MELISSA, I will see if I can find anything on Dutch Wonderland at PADUTCH's website.

Keep the ideas coming please.

Search this Thread