Reload this Page >

HELP Need to impress my boss in Kansas City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 04:21 AM
Chuck

Hi, I need to take some people out in Kansas City tommorrow night (Wed 12/9). They want to go to a good steak house. Money is no object. May I have some suggestions please. BTW we will be staying at the airport but would not mind going into town at all. Thanks

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 07:21 AM
Paul Rabe

Not a steakhouse, but a place I would take someone to if I were trying to impress them. KC Masterpiece Restaurants feature the same quality food as their barbeque sauce.

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 02:55 PM
stephanie

The Hereford House is an excellent and famous Kansas City steak house. There is one right near Kemper Arena and one in Overland Park at 119th & Nall. The Plaza III is also an excellent upscale expensive steak restaurant in the Plaza Shopping District - might be the best choice because the Plaza is lit up with Christmas lights - very beautiful - wasn't sure if you or your guests know the K.C. area or not - might be a good way to impress.

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 03:16 PM
Carol

If money is NO object, I would vote for Plaza III for the best steaks in town. Everything is a la carte and pricey--but they do serve memorable meals. Afterwards, go downstairs and listen to some jazz.

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 07:17 PM
sandra engley

Have had steaks at The Golden Ox, Hereford House, and Houstons in the country club plaza. Returned to Houstons six times on subsequent visits to Kansas City, thought they had great Prime Rib, Fillet Mignon, Rib Eye, and Ribs. Great appetizers and huge salads as well.
Enjoyed Houstons so much that i check the yellow pages when I am in a new city to see if they have one. The Houston's in Dallas (Addison) was the best Steak I had in Texas as well.

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 07:22 PM
sandra engley

Was in Kansas City this time of year, a few years back. Must agree with above post about the Country Club Plaza being completly decked out and lit up, quite a sight to go along with dinner at Houstons or any of about 50 rstaurants in that area.