Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Help me find the right rental car company for Orlando!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 05:29 PM
karen

OK Fodor friends, now that I've got my accomodations taken care of, I need help finding a rental car company that rents vehicles (in Orlando) to fit 8 people - we're 2 families of 4. Most of the minivans I'm seeing only hold 7 and I really want to try to avoid having to rent that huge 15 pax van. Any ideas?

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:56 PM
karen

ttt

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Paul

Priceline

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 06:42 AM
x

Have you tried Budget? We rented a big van from them in Dallas.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:59 AM
sister

Didn't you already ask this question? We suggested a Suburban, Excursion or Expedition...what happened? You may have to bit the big one and rent two cars..may be cheaper anyway.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Bill

Karen-I have an E-150 Ford Conversion Van. With 4 captains chairs and one bench seat in the back, it only seats 7. Don't know how many the Expedition and Suburban seat but I bet it is 7 and the people in the back may be a little uncomfortable. Unless you are willing to rent a 15 passenger van, which is like drving a bus, I would rent 2 full size cars...

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 10:28 AM
karen

Sister: Actually, this was my original question and after topping it and still having no one answer for a while, I reworded my title and asked differently. Meanwhile, I did find an expedition - however not at the airport location. It's about 15 minutes from the airport but it's a seems to be a steal of a deal. I'm guessing our best bet is to send one of our party via taxi to pick it up and drive it back to the airport...I know that sounds like a hassle but the price can't be beat (and it's a major rental company).
Bill, the people we're traveling with actually drive an Expedition at home and with the 3 rows of seats it does fit 8 nicely and this way we can avoid having to pay for parking 2 vehicles at all the parks! Thanks for all your input!

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 11:08 AM
sister

Karen--are you renting from Alamo..they are off the airport, too. One of your party could take the shuttle to pick it up..then swing around and come to get you...that would work . It is a hassle getting on/off with kids on those shuttle buses. YEAH for you!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:05 AM
karen

Sister: No, Budget had the Expedition. Unfortuntely, they said they were out of them at their airport location for the dates we needed it (November!! can you believe it?!) but that one of their non-airport locations had one at a great rate. I made a reservation so I didn't lose out on such a low price but I'll keep checking and if I find that a rental car place on-site has one for cheaper, I'll go that route. Anyway, I called this Budget office directly and they have no shuttle from the airport so we'd probably still have to send a member of our party via taxi...Thanks again for your info.