I'm new on here, but found lots of helpful info so far. My Mum and I are planning a 7 night trip to NYC in early May, we have lots on our "to do" list. I have visited once before (away back in December 2004), but Mum has never been.
On my first visit I got some great views of the Statue of Liberty both from a helicopter tour and a cruise. This time, however, I am wondering if it would be better to visit Liberty and Ellis Island or hop on the Staten Island ferry for some great views. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, being from the UK, we are excited about doing lots of shopping, as we usually finf it much cheaper in the States. Is Woodbury Common worth a visit? (I'm not 100% sure if I want to spend one of my days outwith this fab city).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family winter holiday
- 2 Sjc Car Rental
- 3 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 4 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 5 [email protected]
- 6 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 7 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 8 Trip to Cali
- 9 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 10 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 11 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 12 4 days in San Diego
- 13 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 14 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 15 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 16 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 17 NY theater district restaurant
- 18 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 19 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 20 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 21 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 22 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 23 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 24 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 25 Big Sur weather in early December