Notices

Help finding hotel with outdoor pool

Jul 31st, 2008, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Help finding hotel with outdoor pool

Hi - looking for hotel recommendations for next July.

The plan is to attend the 4th of July parade in Bristol and we're familiar with driving around RI since we live in MA, but would like to make a vacation out of it and stay overnight in RI for a change.

With two kids (ages 2 and 5) and 4 adults (ages range 35-65), an outdoor pool is a must.

I've looked at some of the major hotels in Newport but they are asking $500 a night (and we'd need 2 rooms) which I think is a lot of money.

Any other suggestions. Newport, Narraganset, even Providence since again we're familiar with the roads. Just want an affordable but nice place to stay for a long weekend.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Jul 31st, 2008, 11:32 AM

Check out the options in Middletown.
Aug 13th, 2008, 02:29 PM

check out the Wellington, I am presently in the process of calling them myself. I am looking for hotel with outdoor pool and there is only one in Newport, the Hyatt on Goat Island. The Wellington is part of a timeshare/hotel, I understand they rent out units not sold? You may have more options on room sizes. Good luck.
Aug 13th, 2008, 03:36 PM

The wellington definitely rents out condos like a hotel and they have 2 bedroom units, one bedroom units and regular rooms. The rooms are OK, of course , depending on each individual owner. the wyndham has similar properties in newport, also with outdoor pools.

Search this Thread