Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Help choosing a hotel in the inner harbor 4th of July

Notices

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 05:45 PM
Connie

My family is planning a trip to the inner harbor for the 4th of July holiday. I have two children ages 9 and 13. I want to stay at a really nice hotel right at the inner harbor. I need some input on the following hotels: The Renaissance Harbor Place, Pier 5 Hotel, The Hyatt Regency, and The Sheraton Inner Harbor. They all sound pretty nice. I am just not very familiar with the area and would appreciate any input anyone may have before I finalize my plans.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:30 AM
Lily

My vote would be for the Hyatt. I have never stayed at the Renaissance but it looks nice. I've no clue where the Pier 5 is, the Sheraton is not very appealing from what I've seen but the last time I stayed there was about 3 years ago. I've stayed at the Hyatt 5 times this year already and it's got everything and right on the Harbor.

Your kids will have lots to do - we had a cocktail party on the Tall Ship in the Harbor called "the Clipper City" and it was really fun.....they give hourly sailings during the day that your kids will love.

Have a Happy 4th!!!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:46 AM
a

My vote is for the Renaissance with Hyatt as a second.

Renaissance is newer than the Hyatt. It's location can't be beat. If it rains, there is a fabulous shopping center right in the hotel grounds.

Pier 5 is located a little bit out of the way. I have never been inside, but it is supposed to be quite nice. However, I still think given your children's ages that the Renaissance or Hyatt will be preferable.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:52 PM
goNets

Avoid the Pier 5 at all costs. Read the online reviews in the hotel section of this Web site. All those who bothered to offer a rating had horror stories. None were worse than mine, when I awoke in the morning to find raw sewage coming up through the bathtub drain. That was only one of the many examples of what a filthy hotel this is.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:56 PM
readthetitles

umm, hello, read the title. This post was for the 4th of July...she's obviously already gone.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:57 PM
x

little late, gonets?