HELP! Best of Phoenix??

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 12:58 AM
NancyB

HELP! Best of Phoenix??

Had to cancel anniversary trip to New Orleans leaving today. DOn't want to share my room with Isadore, or snorkel thru French Quarter. Ended up booking Phoenix. What is good - great place to stay/eat/do? Is it too far to drive to Grand Canyon??? Best spa? Any fishing? Thanks!!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 06:56 AM
karen

Nancy: You need to help us out to let us know if you're traveling alone, with a partner, kids, parents, etc...There's so much to do and there have been several good threads recently listing a lot of options. You might want to do a search first and then ask some more specific questions if you need more info.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Bb

Nancy, weather is supposed to be nice in New Orleans this weekend! We're leaving tomorrow and can't wait. Isidore's already come and gone. It's north of the city.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 07:45 AM
kay

Best of Phoenix?
A stay at the Phoenician or the Boulders north of town in Carefree.
Other options: the Biltmore, Hyatt Gainey Ranch, Princess (Fairmont), Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons.
Best side trip?
2 hour drive up to Sedona.
Phoenician has the best spa.
Phoenix IS in the desert, so fishing is limited.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Red

NancyB,
I live in Phoenix. The Phoenician has great restaurants and a wonderful spa. The Marriott Camelback Inn has a wonderful spa also. I've been to both and prefer the Marriott's spa. http://www.camelbackinn.com/

It's about a 4 hour drive to the Grand Canyon and I know people who have done it in a day.

Phoenix has a lot of lakes, but they are all man-made. Don't know if any of them are stocked with fish.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 08:10 AM
search

Please take the time to do a text search on this sight of Phoenix. All of this has been covered many, many, many times.