helicopter trips in Juneau

Mar 29th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

helicopter trips in Juneau

We are looking for best helicopter company and trip for Juneau glacier trip. The four companies we are considering are Coastal, ERA, Temsco and Northstar Trekking. We want the opportunity to walk the glacier. Which company is the best. Is a fifteen to twenty minute walk sufficient or do we need the hour that is offered by Northstar?
Mar 29th, 2005, 01:40 PM
z

Author: bsforman
Date: 03/27/2005, 07:45 pm
I have information about the following companies in Juneau for a helicopter flight and landing on a glacier: Coastal, ERA, TEMSCO, and NorthStar Trekking. Comments about the various companies would be appreciated.

Author: z
Date: 03/28/2005, 07:21 am
Coastal - OK
ERA - fine
TEMSCO - don't know it
NorthStar Trekking - just OK

Mar 30th, 2005, 03:48 AM

I have flown with all except Northstar. but in most reviews it definately gets raves. You need to decide WHAT your priority is, if you want a trek, most recommendations are for as long as you can afford. IF doing a more expensive landing causes you to forego another tour due to funds- then I say go with a basic landing. VARIED Alaska touring is the key.
Apr 1st, 2005, 07:15 AM

I used Coastal last September for a helicopter ride and glacier walk out of Juneau. I found that the "short" time on the glacier was more than adequate. It is very icy on the glacier and you have to be very careful walking. I would not have wanted to do extensive exploring. They have some boots you can borrow which fit over your shoes. The best part is the helicopter ride. I was pleased that my pictures taken inside the helicopter of the glaciers turned out great. It was definately one of the highlights of my trip.

Search this Thread