Heard Museum vs Phoenix Art Museum ??

Oct 25th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Heard Museum vs Phoenix Art Museum ??

If you had a day to visit only one of these 2 museums, which would it be and why?

We are from Southwest and have/can see SW art easily, if that makes a difference.

Is there another must see on our 1 free day here in PHX? [We have been to Taliesin West]

Thanks,
Deb
Oct 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Heard is always interesting ... Phoenix Art Museum sometimes has some great exhibits, sometimes not. Look at the calendar and see what's on display during the period when you are visiting and decide.
Oct 26th, 2008, 07:11 PM

Both museums are within blocks of each other along Central Avenue, you could easily walk it and do both within your time allotment.
Nov 2nd, 2008, 12:59 PM

I was just there - they are next door to each other! Do both. Right now the PHX Art Museum has a big exhibit of SW Art. Also have a Monet I liked and some other paintings. Don't miss the Firefly room. It is free on Tuesdays between 3 and ?? And first Friday evening of the month?? check it out

http://www.phxart.org/

We really enjoyed the piano player at My Florist Cafe. Food was salads and sandwiches but the music is wonderful:

http://www.myfloristcafe.com/
Nov 2nd, 2008, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info; due to some family issues we never made it to either. Next time..
Deb