hawaii with a one yr old?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are going to hawaii for the first time this summer for a week with our one yr old. We are looking for a shallow, clear water baby-friendly beach that has no waves in addition to having access to great snorkeling (my husband and I are avid snorkelers). Activity-wise I have no idea what one can do with a baby, so thats why the beach is the most important to us! I would greatly appreciate any advice as to which island/hotel/condo you recommend. Ive heard that maui and kauai have the best beaches. Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 04:54 AM

I would suggest Ka'anapali Beach on Maui. Here's a link to their website for places to stay:
http://www.kaanapaliresort.com/WhereToStay/
The beach is beautiful and the water is clear. I don't remember the waves being bad, but I can't say for sure as I didn't have a child with me. The snorkeling near the black rock that splits the beach in half is wonderful.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 07:38 AM

The Mauna Lani on the Big Island has a special kids beach (with minature furniture, etc) which is a lagoon or shallow inlet of the ocean. Perfect for young ones. The hotel is quite kid friendly. The entire property is in a beautiful setting.
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 08:14 AM
dmlove

I remember reading on here some months ago about a "baby beach", maybe near Lahaina (Maui). Try searching for those terms.

Old Feb 21st, 2008, 08:45 AM

I would also recommend Maui's Kaanapali Beach. We stayed at the Sheraton Maui, and the water was absolutely perfect - no waves and turquoise blue. Also, the Snorkeling at Black Rock can't be beat. These two qualities make Kaanapali perfect for your requests!
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 09:03 AM
dmlove

What's also great about Kaanapali Beach with a baby, is the beachwalk - a paved path that runs the distance between the hotels and the beach from the Hyatt at one end to Black Rock and the Sheraton at the other. Because it's paved, you can push a stroller, and still be on the beach!