hawaii weather info please

Jan 21st, 2000, 11:15 AM
neil

hawaii weather info please

we wish to visit Maui. Kaui, and Hawaii in November. We have been told that the weather is different on different sides of the islands. Can anyone give us some help. I prefer a breeze.Which side of the islands would be best?

Jan 21st, 2000, 02:03 PM
Lani

You're right on the cusp of summer/winter there (November technically being considered Winter) so your weather could go either way. You'd probably prefer Kapalua on Maui (the West side) as it's always breezy - but a bit more rain. On Kauai, probably the North Shore - Princeville, Hanalei (but it could get chilly & rainy by then). On the Big Island, that time of year, you'd definitely want the Kona - Kohala side (Hilo is always rainy, but do visit Volcanoes Nat'l Park for a night or two; stay in a great B&B in the Village around the Park.) In that shoulder season, it's impossible to predict exactly what your weather will be. You just have to take your chances...... I think you'll be happy whereever you go in Hawaii! It's hard not to be happy there!

Jan 21st, 2000, 05:55 PM
Scott

Aloha Neil. Scott here with www.Maui-Info.com. You will love it here on Maui in November, which is about the time things start cooling down from the heat and humidity we experience throughout the Summer. In fact, the first part of December is about the time we can stop using the air conditioners for a few months. Keep in mind that Maui has "micro-climates," meaning if you don't care for the weather you're experiencing where you are, just drive a mile or two either direction and you will find something different. Because of the way the mountains are situated here in the Lahaina area, Lahaina Town itself rarely has any breeze, yet a short distance in either direction out of town you can enjoy nice breezy conditions. As Lani said in her message to you, you're going to have a wonderful time no matter where you are...just relax and enjoy the paradise around you. We have a lot of really interesting Maui-focused material on our web sites...try http://www.Maui4You.com/ for starters.

Jan 21st, 2000, 07:31 PM
Lani

Hi Neil,

It's me again! I wanted to correct something I said in my previous post. I said it might be "chilly & rainy" on the North Shore of Kauai by November. I should have just said "rainier", not chilly! As Scott said in his post, air conditioners will just be getting turned off when you come. I've been in Maui in October when it was 91 degrees in Lahaina! Just wanted to correct that!

Search this Thread