Hawaii Trip & Hotel Report

Jun 29th, 2000, 07:10 PM
David

Hawaii Trip & Hotel Report

Just got back from Oahu (one night)& the Big Island (week). On Oahu Wwe stayed at the Renaissance Ilikai Waikiki. I got the hotel through Priceline for $100. While it's certainly not a dump, I question the 3 out of 4 star rating it received. Since we had a limited amount of time we spent one afternoon at the beach and the other visiting the USS Arizona Memorial and hiking up Diamond head. While Waikiki was ok, the other two were fabulous! The next week we stayed at the Westin Hapuna Prince on the Big Island. Great Hotel - Great Island!!My daughter did the Dolphin Quest at the Hilton (almost 7)and had a good time. While she did have a good time, she nor we were blown away by the experience. However, we were blown away by the boating and snorkeling we did upon the Fair-Wind Cruise to Kaulakakua Bay. A lot better value and experience for the $$.

Jun 29th, 2000, 07:43 PM
Lani

So glad you had a good time, David. What did you have to pay at Westin Hapuna Prince? Many people find the Princes a little too sterile and sparsely decorated - I presume you didn't feel this way? Are you planning another trip to Hawaii yet?

Aloha, Lani

Jun 30th, 2000, 04:21 PM
David

We got a group rate at the Hapuna Prince for $220 a night. That included a $35 charge for the so-called "premium view" upgrade. I guess I could see how some might think it's a bit quiet/sterile. However, I found the service, the view, the beach, the golf course(s), & overall serenity- -absoulutely fabulous. And aren't those the things we go to Hawaii for anyway? Oh well, that's my opinion anyway.

Search this Thread