Hawaii - Places to Stay in Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering a time share in Maui & want to see if anyone has stayed in The Whaler in Kaanapali or Kahana Beach Vacation Club, or The Sands of Kahana Vacation Club or Hono Koa Vacation Club. Also Maui Revealed indicated that the beaches are not great in some of these areas. Please, if you have stayed at any of these places, let me know what you think. Two couples sharing and want something nice on the beach, but want something moderately priced. Any other suggestions? I know they are not on the beach, but what about Grand Champions or Wailea Ekolu Village. HELP!!!!
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 05:48 PM

we stayed at The Kaanapali Shores recently, in Honokawaii, which is about 2 miles, or so, of Lahaina. We love it there. The condo, in our opinion, is the best way to go. Breakfast= cereal, fruit, and juice on your own lanai, nothing is better than that. Restaurant eating is fun, but not all day every day..
Check out Aston
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 05:52 PM

sorry - Kaanapali Shores is north of Lahaina.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 12:22 PM

I have stayed at the Sands of Kahana. We stayed in a timeshare room and also a private ownership room. The timeshare room was MUCH nicer than the private owner room. The rooms are HUGE! The beach there is narrow and there are two pools which were never crowded. There is a small restaurant/bar by the pool which is great for Mai Tais in the hottub. We really enjoyed it and would stay there again if we could get one of the "remodeled" timshare rooms.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 12:24 PM

I didn't think of this before but if you are looking to travel together, I think you would love the large rooms at Sands of Kahana. My wife and I stayed there with my parents and had plenty of room. I guess you would have to flip for the master bedroom that faces the ocean!
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 09:13 AM

We own a 2 bedroom at the Sands of Kahana and really like it too. I haven't looked at the private rooms, but the timeshare rooms are indeed huge. We have been in the practice of inviting another couple to go with us and it works great. 2 totally separate baths and sleeping areas and a really big kitchen. There would be enough room to add 2 kids too. The area is pretty laid back with lots of walking room and a few restaurants. If you're thinking of buying, you may want to check out tug2.net. There are lots of timeshares for sale, although I haven't bought one from an owner so I don't know what paperwork hassles would be involved. Timeshares aren't for everyone, but we don't regret ours at all.