Hawaii or Bali???

Dec 14th, 2000, 05:39 AM
Kristin

Hawaii or Bali???

My husband and I have been given an incredible gift of a 10-day vacation from his father thru Marriott Rewards. We must stay at a Marriott or a Ritz-Carlton, and Bali and Hawaii are at the top of our list. We need help making up our minds. We would welcome other destination ideas, also. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Dec 14th, 2000, 11:07 AM
toldham

just returned from bali and haven't been to hawaii for a while---but i would say that bali is much more exotic--it is a longer plane flight tho and maybe therefore more expensive to get there.

Dec 14th, 2000, 06:59 PM
Kay

Hi Kristin, we have been to Bali once and Hawaii about 4 times and, given the choice, would always choose Hawaii, but that's just us. Bali is hotter and more humid, there's more to see and do in Hawaii, Bali is HEAPS cheaper for restaurants and shopping. Bali is more exotic, with people touting 'you want buy watch', 'you want hair braided', 'you want transport','you buy sarong' at every pace, the people are generally much poorer so making a dollar is very important. We'll go back to Bali one day but prefer Hawaii. The Nusa Dua area of Bali is all 5-star hotels and no touts allowed (no locals allowed in the area unless they work there). Hope this helps. Kay

Search this Thread