We are flying into Honolulu on December 31 and are staying for two weeks. We are curious about what island(s) to go to. We could do one, or a few. We do have pals on the big island, so that might be a factor.
Here are our priorities (in no order):
affordable lodging (75 - 150 per night)
I'd like to see a volcano
And, we'd prefer to not have to spend a fortune or a ton of time getting to other islands
We are in our late 30's/early 40's, husband and wife without kids, very independent travelers who have been all over the world. We tend to stay away from chain restaurants, large resorts, etc. We eat adventurously!
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 2 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 3 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 4 girls trip / oregon
- 5 Vegas in February
- 6 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 7 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 8 10 day California Trip in July
- 9 Las Vegas TR
- 10 I need help
- 11 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 12 A Few days in Museums
- 13 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 14 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 15 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 16 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 17 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 18 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 19 Travel Shenanigans
- 20 Mammoth Lakes in summer
- 21 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 22 Newport Beach restaurants
- 23 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 24 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 25 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area