Notices

HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question

Aug 3rd, 2014, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question

Hello, Fellow Travelers

In a few months, my best friend and I are planning a trip to Ko Olina to celebrate our birthdays. We live in different states and so the plan is to meet at the United Red Carpet Club, since we have arranged our flights to arrive within an hour of each other, then pick up the rental car together.

I have been thinking about going a few days early and visiting Kona, returning via Hawaiian Air at the approx. time of my original flight into HNL. It would work out the same, except for one thing: I will be returning to the interisland terminal instead of the main terminal.

My question is this: is it possible to go from the interisland terminal at HNL to the United Airlines Club in the main terminal, without going through security, since I won't have a boarding pass for a flight leaving from the main terminal at that time?

Thanks in advance for your repllies.
Aug 3rd, 2014, 07:55 PM

Will you be checking your luggage or doing carry-on? If checking it, you will definitely have to go outside security to get your bags, then through it again, and it won't happen without a boarding pass.
I can't recall if there is a security desk between the inter-island and international terminals. i may be going to Maui next week. if I do, I'll check.

Otherwise you might call Hawaiian airlines and ask them. Their people would be the most familiar with the arrival gates. It's possible you could stay inside the secured area and take the wiki-wiki bus from inter-island out to the int'l gates 6-11, where the United lounge is.
Aug 4th, 2014, 07:29 AM

You don't have to leave security between international and interisland terminals. We walk it in about 10 minutes when we fly through HNL to get to Maui from our home in Chicagoland. If you have no luggage, you have no problems. If you DO have luggage, you'll want your interisland jaunts on the same ticket with your mainland ticket to be able to through-check luggage.

Why do you want to visit Kona? Do you mean you want to visit the volcano? (You'd fly in and out of ITO (Hilo), not KOA (Kona).

You'll need a car everywhere outside of Honolulu. Are you sure you want Ko Olina, and not Waikiki?
Aug 20th, 2014, 05:38 PM

YOu will also need a car on the BI

Search this Thread