Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Hawaii Honeymoon-1st timers (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/hawaii-honeymoon-1st-timers-167530/)

Chris Jan 15th, 2003 07:56 AM

Hawaii Honeymoon-1st timers

Hi all,<BR><BR>I have so many questions about Hawaii.<BR>We are going in December staying at the Hilton in Ohau for 2 nights, Kea Lani in Maui for 6 nights and the Hyatt in Kauai for 4 nights?<BR><BR>Question 1. What can we expect with the weather that time of year?<BR>2. What are the top things to do on each island and will we still have enough time to RELAX?<BR>3. How far are each of the sites from our hotels??? I feel like we will be in the car most of our honeymoon?<BR>4. Rental Car??? Jeep wrangler or convertible<BR>5. What rooms should we ask for, for each hotel? I know not the MOLD side of the Hilton!<BR>6. How much spending money would you say we would need each day? We are thinking 200 per day?<BR><BR>Does anyone have pictures?<BR>Sorry so many questions! Thank you-Chris

not to be Jan 15th, 2003 08:26 AM

You might want to invest in a guide book. A good one, like Fodor's or Frommer's, can probably answer many of your questions. <BR><BR>In terms of spending money, bring very little cash. There are plenty of ATM and credit cards are just easier to use on vacation.<BR><BR>In terms of car, you should go with the one that you would prefer to drive.

jcb Jan 15th, 2003 08:31 AM

Chris -<BR><BR>I'll comment on question #4. I suggest a convertible as a rental car. When I went to Kauai, we had a jeep, and it was a pain to undo the windows/top each time we got in/out. I would have much preferred just pushing a button to get the top down.<BR><BR>I strongly suggest that you purhcase the Ultimate Guide/Reveled books. They are quite helpful.

kris Jan 15th, 2003 09:03 AM

Hawaii Honeymoon-1st timers<BR> <BR>Congratulation on your first honeymoon.<BR><BR>May I ask you how many times are you planning on having honeymoon?

Suzie Jan 15th, 2003 10:11 AM

Chris <BR><BR>You'll love the Hyatt on Kauai. As mentioned before there are guidebooks that will be essential to you. We went to Kauai in Sept 2001 and took the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook and we went to Maui in Nov 2002 and took Maui Revealed. Both books helped us find places and activities that interested us. Check out www.wizardpub.com for more info on these books and to see how they are set up. They have not yet released the Oahu book so I guess you're on your own there.<BR><BR>On Oahu you should check out Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial, Haunama Bay. When we were there we took The Bus to these places with no problems but on another trip we rented a car and drove around the island.<BR><BR>Everything about Hawaii is relaxing so don't worry that driving and sightseeing will detract from that.<BR><BR>Get a convertible for sure. Got one on our last two trips mentioned above and it was the best!<BR><BR>Maui - take a snorkel trip to Molokini. It leaves early morning but you're finished by noon so you can relax by the pool or on the beach for the rest of the day.<BR><BR>Kauai - Helicopter tour or Napali Coast sail. both will leave you with plenty of the day for relaxing.<BR><BR>Have fun!<BR><BR>

wondering Jan 15th, 2003 10:27 AM

Just curious why would someone book and presumably pay for their vacation, and THEN ask about the weather?<BR><BR>I mean, isn't that something you'd want to know about BEFORE you decided?<BR><BR>That's like someone who complains about a Hurricane ruining their September cruise in the Caribbean.

yoo Jan 15th, 2003 03:39 PM

ttt