my wife and I lucked into about two weeks of vacation time together this summer and were hoping to make something happen with Hawaii. Our question is this: can Hawaii be done affordably, and if so, what is a typical ballpark figure for an "affordable Hawaii vacation"?. Our ideal trip would include stops to Kauai and the big island. We are both active and would be looking to do some combination of beach time, hiking, sight seeing, water sports, etc. what is the best way to do lodging?
At the moment, flights look to be around 1000 per from the east coast for a simple round trip. What would be the best way to package/arrange flights to make our trip more affordable, or would some different combination of islands be better? I welcome all input and any advice you might have for me!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our next summer trip
- 2 Dulles to BWI
- 3 Family winter holiday
- 4 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 5 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 6 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 7 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 8 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 9 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 10 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 11 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 12 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 13 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 14 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 15 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 16 Muir Woods - new rules
- 17 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 18 Padre Islands
- 19 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 20 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 21 NASHVILLE
- 22 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 23 4 days in San Diego
- 24 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 25 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit