Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Have you used Hotwire for a New York City Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 08:23 AM
Yvette

I got a great deal using hotwire for Boston and am curious what your experience has been with Hotwire in New York City. What type of Hotel did you get for 5 star or 4 star rating and in what location?

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 11:36 AM
thereuare

This site will give you more than you want to know:

www.biddingfortravel.com

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 11:38 AM
curious

I was considering using them for Boston. May I ask what Hotel you got and what level of stars you requested? Thanks. Sorry I can't help you w/nyc.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 03:57 PM
Yvette

Thanks for the info on bidding for travel. Regarding hotwire in Boston, I selected a four star hotel for a rate of $57 dollars a night and will be staying at the Hilton Boston Back Bay Copley. I am very pleased with the value.
I am a bit more skeptical about pursuing the hotwire route in New York, but it is tempting when they post a 5 star hotel on the east side for $129 a night!
Any additional feedback is welcome

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 04:20 PM
GatorGirl

Thanks for biddingfortravel site. Loads of good info, why pay full price ever? I booked a room at the US Grant in San Diego via Hotwire last weekend for a weekend in September. $67 a night. We called the hotel direct to try to get another room for a friend who has decided to come, cheapest she could give us over the phone was $209. I am curious what type of room we will end up with.........