Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Have you started planning your vacation for next year? No matter how big/small?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 09:01 AM
hhh

What do you have planned for next year?

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Yes

I've planned and booked through 2004 for the big trips. Italy 2003 and Greece 2004.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 09:11 AM
reallyanal

All right, I can't resist this one. In these days when frequent flier seats evaporate a year in advance, it pays to get started now on next year's plans. We are going to Bali in June, returning in July (yeh, I know it's the U.S. forum) but in order to figure out when to go and for how long, I had to figure out our whole itinerary. So, we already have our tickets--one roundtrip business class and one upgraded economy but our first choice in dates was not available.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 09:15 AM
planner

I started planning my late Jan. 03 trip in February! Two weeks in Hawaii to escape the dreary Oregon winter. Pretty sure we will go to Mexico in Jan. 04. I've done some research, but no real planning yet.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 12:37 PM
topper

If this topic is interested to you please read this post with many fascinating statements "When will you start planning your next summer trip?"

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Deb

Oahu-bound this weekend, next year we're going to Germany and see the castles and then on to Switzerland. Really looking foreward to Germany...I'm a WWII buff.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Ani

Booked air (priceline always comes through for Heathrow) and started planning our SCotland trip for late March early April-already have our B&B's booked in Edinburgh!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:13 PM
J Correa

We're still deciding where we want to go. We aren't planning to travel overseas though, so we don't have to plan as far ahead as some people.

We are deciding between 2 vacations:

1. Train trip from the Bay Area to Seattle, spending a week in Seattle, Victoria, and the surrounding areas.

2. Flying back east, visiting family in NJ and PA, taking the train up to Boston for a few days and flying home.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Planning

Napa Valley...WooHoo..........

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Connie

Made reservations for Old Faithful Inn today for July 2003.

This past summer I planned a 10 day RV rental vacation in Alaska just one month before we went. Everything went great.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 06:57 PM
ann

well, next spring break we plan to go to St. Kitts island.
Summer- probably looking at colleges - no plans for any lengthy vacations, I think we will visit eastern schools

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:15 PM
lcuy

Next year? I still haven't made reservations for our Christmas trip or the trip over spring break to look at colleges. I can tell you where we'll be going though..Europe or Thailand or Bali, or...!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 04:13 AM
hens4th

Yep, doing heavy internet research into Kauai house/cottage rentals for next August. Also diligently socking money away into the savings account for same.....

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:15 AM
parrot mom

Just got of cruise ship on Sunday...up here in in MA and planning getaway snow free vacation in February...in Punta Cana in the D.R....lol

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:16 AM
Liz

Going on a Princess cruise in April, 2003 with my 12 year old darling son.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Jen

We will probably be doing an East Coast college-tour road trip. So my daughter gets to plan the itinerary!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:37 AM
mh

Yep!! we are going to Egypt for ten days in April. I was there, thanksgiving of 00 and feel in love with this country. So I am returning with my new hubby,this time. We are going to plan the trip ourselves and hire a guide in Cairo...I am so excited about this trip.....

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Carolyn

Yes! - Scotland & England July 2003 with small trips around CA the rest of the year.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Maryann

I am still planning Paris for November of this year. But as soon as we come back, I will start planning Italy for September 2003. Love planning vacations!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Eva

We always plan in advance so we can use FF miles and block out our calendars. Have booked and paid for a bareboat sailing charter in Belize for February, 2003, and have some other trips in the works as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -