Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Have you eaten at these Las Vegas Restaurants?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Wendy

My boyfriend and I are heading to Vegas in a few weeks and are interested in one of the following restaurants. Looking for info on the food, atmosphere and prices. Unfortunately we can't go "money is no object" this trip but would still like a fantastic meal. Your input is appreciated!

Aqua
Ferraro's
Delmonico
Olives
Cafe Mastrioni
La Chandelle

These were all given good marks on Zagat and the likes. P.s. I know that Picasso is not listed- we just can't afford it this time!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:35 AM
sara

I loved Olives!!! It was a fun atmosphere and the food and service was excellent, especially the bartenders. I also ate at Aqua and really enjoyed it. It is pricy though and you do not get a lot of quantity for your dollar. It is the best in the quality category, but expect to spend a nice chunk of money.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:54 AM
gamblin

Loved Olives
Love Aqua

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:55 AM
VegasBaby

Love Aqua and Delmonico
Hate Olives

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:02 AM
L

We just returned from Vegas on Sunday evening. We ate at Ferraro's on Saturday evening and had a fantastic meal. We felt like we were dining on the set of the Soprano's - very locals oriented and very italian. We were down $400 from gambling at this point so we didn't go all out - we each had a drink (one wine, one whiskey sour), we each had an entree and we had dessert and coffee. The total bill was $95. The food was fabulous and the bread warm and excellent. THe only thing is that the restaurant is off the strip (pretty far off the strip) and was a $13 cab ride each way due to traffic. We left from Ballys. Overall I would recommend the restaurant highly, but even more so if you have a rental car.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:03 AM
bettyk

The only one I've tried is Delmonico's. Had lunch there and both the food and service was fabulous.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:10 AM
SA

Let me recommend some others. Red Square in Mandalay is excellent/eclectic & does not have to be pricey. Also, for lunch, I would try Mon Ami Gabi (@ Paris). I've not had any experience w/the ones you mentioned except for Olives (not cheap). Based on your list, I believe most of these places are pretty 'high end'. S

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Wendy

We are planning on having lunch at Mon Ami Gabi and were just going to have drinks at Red Square.

I think that Olives said their menu ranged from $15 to $41 an entree. We really loved Todd English's Kingfish Hall in Boston but also are big Emeril fans.

Thanks for your info!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Kristin

Wendy-----we ate at Olives and really loved it. (we were there in 1999). The food was great and the atmosphere was trendy and fun. Just a little tip if you're trying to save bucks: our group of 4 ordered an appetizer, and then the waiter arrived with a basket of this really wonderful flatbread stuff. (can't remember exactly what it was, but it was delicious-----we wouldn't have needed the appetizer too).
Don't remember what I ate for an entree either, but we all really enjoyed our food. I ordered one of the "featured" martinis on the menu, and when I got it, I didn't like it at all. I didn't complain, but when my waiter noticed that I wasn't drinking it, he asked why, and I said there wasn't anything wrong with it, it just wasn't what I had expected. He snatched it right up, and asked me to order something different, and brought it to me no charge. Needless to say, a big tip for that guy. Enjoy choosing a place!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Wendy

Kristin and others. At Olives what do you remember the bill being around with your drinks or wine?

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:36 AM
x

Aqua and Red Square where our favorites.
We also didn't care for Olives but maybe it was an off night for them.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:39 AM
x

It was 2 of us @ Olives and I think with tip it was around 100.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:57 AM
T

You can't skip RED SQUARE! Fabulous Blue Cheese martinis, amazing caviar and smoked salmon without the pretense. Very nice, but casual with excellent food and service. Plus there are 100's of Vodkas on hand and the huge walk-in freezer where they give you a fur to wear while you retrieve your personal reserve they store for you! The wine cellar at AUREOLE is something to witness, let's just say it's interactive. Definately worth a drink at the bar to watch the acrobats.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:35 PM
x

blue cheese martinis - seriously? how does that work? recipe, please! i saw someone have a dirty martini - suppose i'm out of date with my gin at 25-1.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Wendy

I love dirty martini's but my favorite is still the green apple.

O.k. I made reservations at Olive's for dinner Thursday night (Todd and the fountains won out) and Mon Ami Gabi for lunch on Sat. before we leave for home. Wednesday we get in late so will head over to Red Square for drinks and light snacks and Friday our friends who live their are taking us out or cooking for us, not sure yet.

Thanks again for all your responses!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:10 PM
xx

Ugh!!! Do Aqua over Olives! Have drinks before at the Fountana (sp) bar. You won't regret it. If you only have the one night for something nice you gotta do Aqua.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:15 PM
VegasBaby

If you only have one night for something nice I would go to Delmonico's or Aqua over Olives.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:23 PM
scarlett

Wendy-
I think you made good choices
We have lunch or brunch in Mon Ami Gabi every time we go to Las Vegas and since we stay in Bellagio, Olives is a favorite.
They do an excellent lunch, if the weather permits we sit out on the terrace. Be sure to get a window table!
Have fun and Good Luck~

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:27 PM
VegasBaby

Good Point!!! Olives might be a better lunch choice. I wouldn't consider it for "that one nice meal" while I was on vacation.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Kristin

Wendy----I think my husband and I each only had one drink, and it seemed it was about $90 for the 2 of us. We didn't eat at Aqua, but heard lots of good stuff about it. I think it's more expensive than Olives. We also at Jasmine in the Bellagio. A very BEAUTIFUL restaurant. The food was good, (Asian) but I thought the view of the fountains (also at Olives) was beautiful and the whole atmosphere at Jasmine was so romantic. Not too terribly pricey. Happy Eating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -