Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Has you ever booked through luxurylink.com (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/has-you-ever-booked-through-luxurylink-com-606054/)

hockeymom Apr 7th, 2006 05:26 PM

Has you ever booked through luxurylink.com

Has anybody ever booked a get-away through this website? Some of their deals sound pretty good, but I'd like to hear what people have to say. Some of these are auctions and some are just bookings.

Thanks for the help!

eveningcrane Apr 7th, 2006 05:42 PM

I haven't used it, but friends of ours have and they were very pleased. With the Buy It Now you can call them before you buy to check availablity and make your reservations in conjunction with the purchase. With the auctions availability is more of an issue.

Our friends did the auction route, but at that point in time they were both between jobs and thus had great flexibility in scheduling.

If you go to the Latin American forum and search on Luxury Link, the first entry should be from "williams44" who used it for Machu Picchu and was extremely complimentary.

There are also positive comments on the European forum from some Luxury Link users.

caribtraveler Apr 7th, 2006 05:47 PM

Do a search on the Caribbean board. Some Fodorites there have used it and have been very happy with it. They've done the auctions though not the bookings. I've done some research on it and plan to bid in the future. From what I've seen, the buy it packages seem to be the same thing that the hotel itself will offer you, while the auction definitely gives you a great discount.

hockeymom Apr 7th, 2006 05:56 PM

Thank you. I'm actually looking at something in Vermont right now. I will check out the other boards to see what others have to say.

cmcfong Apr 7th, 2006 06:34 PM

I did a four day trip to Montreal, a week in San Miguel de Allende and two trips to Seattle on luxury link. Absolutely perfect, no complaints and will use them again.

hockeymom Apr 8th, 2006 03:45 AM

Thank you! The destinations look awesome. I'm going to start looking to book now.

I didn't proof my heading - it should say HAVE.

samschack Apr 8th, 2006 07:37 AM

We have used Luxury Link 4 times in the past 3 years and absolutely love it! Every one of our trips has been first rate and we have never had any problems with getting the dates we want. It has also afforded us the ability to stay in some extremely upscale places without spending nearly as much as we would have paid if booking the trip through most other travel sites.
My suggestion is similar to the post above. Before putting in a bid, make sure the dates you wish to travel are not "blacked out" in the information section of the LL description and then call the hotel directly and let them know you are planning on bidding for their package and make sure the dates are available. This has always worked for us and in fact, on our last trip to NYC, I called the hotel (Plaza Athenee) and told them my preferred dates and they were nice enough to hold that date for me to make sure it would be available in the event I won (which we did).
I am sure that not every hotel will do that but at least you can make sure the dates are open a few days before the auction ends and then reconfirm as soon as you find out that you have won.
As I said above, we have had excellent experiences in all of our trips booked so far with LL and will continue to use them into the future.

hockeymom Apr 8th, 2006 10:12 AM

Thank.you. I feel confident in booking with them now after these replies. Now I've got a lot of places to look at.

katybird Apr 8th, 2006 11:12 AM

We got the Weathersfield Inn in Vt. on Luxurylink and it worked out great!
I called before I bid to make sure there was availability and told them I was planning to bid..No problem! LOVED IT!
If you end up there say HI to LUCY!

LindainOhio Apr 11th, 2006 11:50 AM

I have also used luxurylink and was very happy. On the first page of the website you can check previous winning bids. I found that helpful. I also called the resort before I bid to check availability. I was even upgraded.