Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Has anyone taken Family to the 4 Seasons BI (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/has-anyone-taken-family-to-the-4-seasons-bi-387706/)

Ashley24 Jan 15th, 2004 09:15 AM

Has anyone taken Family to the 4 Seasons BI

When I called to inquire last year about this resort, it seemed like none of the standard rooms could hold four people. Does anyone know if this is true? I was told that we would have to book two rooms or a suite. In the 4 Seasons Maui we stayed in a room that only accomodated three since there were no double bed rooms left. We had a king bed and a couch that made into a small bed plus a toddler bed.
Anyone know if a rollaway is possible or allowable???
Also, how are their children's program? The program in Maui is exceptional in my kids' opinions!

ahcall Jan 15th, 2004 10:39 PM

You did not say how old you kids are. We have taken our family of four to the Four Seasons in Kona a number of times. My kids are 9 and 11. We had two beds in the room, The kids shared one. We did not ask for a rollaway but I don't see why they would not provide one. The staff was vey solicitous towards our needs and our kids needs.
Ask for a room on the ground level. The ourdoor shower is great fun for the whole family! (No...it is completely private)
You will have a wonderful time at the Four Seasons.

Ashley24 Jan 16th, 2004 02:14 AM

Thanks for your response! My kids are 5 and 9 and could easily share a bed. I am unsure why I was told that each room can only have 3 people in it! Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can you also describe the pool area that is most kid-friendly? Do they have a slide or anything fun for the kids? Did your kids go to the Children's program and if so, did they enjoy it?
Thanks!

Alohamom Jan 16th, 2004 05:07 AM

Hi Ashley-I was curious about the same thing but if you look at the web site I believe that it does say a few of the rooms will allow 2 doubles to be put into the room in place of a king bed. (I think, I hope I am not confusing the BI resort with the Maui resort, I have been researching both). I am fairly sure it does state max occ. of 3 persons BUT... my kids have almost always share a double so I was going to do the same thing and call to confirm. If we cannot share a room, then I don't know if I really want 2 rooms or a 1 bedroom suite (which I think has a pull out sofa to accomodate a small family). I would be very interested if you find out any further info-please post it and I will do likewise. We are going in late October/early November and doing time at both 4S Maui and Big Island. so if I go before you are planning I will also let you know what happens. I sent away for their detailed childrens and activity program info, it looks amazing including being able to paddle an outrigger canoe and a Saturday night beach BBQ that is both cultured and fun!Call the resort and they will FedEx you an excellent package.

Ashley24 Jan 17th, 2004 10:45 AM

I called the resort and was told that there are a just a few rooms that have double beds but they usually sell out very quickly.