Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Has anyone stayed in these units at the Mahana condo complex in Maui? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/has-anyone-stayed-in-these-units-at-the-mahana-condo-complex-in-maui-577287/)

beachgirl86 Dec 20th, 2005 05:32 PM

Has anyone stayed in these units at the Mahana condo complex in Maui?

In the interest of saving some money on our Hawaii trip next August, DH and I are looking into condos for part of the trip. I have been looking at the Mahana and found 2 websites with 3 very modern, nice looking condos. The first is www.mahanarental.com with Unit 804, and the second is www.stayonmaui.com with Units 1205 and 1017. Has anyone stayed in any of these condos? Thanks for the help!

beachgirl86 Dec 21st, 2005 04:17 PM

ttt....

Has anyone stayed at the Mahana lately?

CaliNurse Dec 21st, 2005 11:45 PM

Hi, Beachgirl!.. no, haven't stayed at the Mahana, so probably should not be answering. But, I've stayed a bit north of there in a high-rise condo, in town of Kahana, also in the interest of saving money while having a knock-out gorgeous west-facing ocean view, at Royal Kahana. Their units are rented though Outrigger.com, and the one bedroom ones, which are very large, were about $125/night. We used Entertainment card, tho dont know if those rates are avail yr round. My son and his wife were there a few months ago in an 11th floor condo that had been totally redone with beautiful pergo-type floors as in your above referenced #804.
Again, sorry for not being able to specifically answer your question, but thought I'd put in my 2 cents if these lovely Mahana condos don't pan out for you.
Have fun planning, as always, and using future dreams to get you though the cold days of winter. ALOHA!

beachgirl86 Dec 22nd, 2005 03:21 AM

Thanks, CaliNurse! I will be sure to look into those as well. I always appreciate your helpful tips :)

colombiana Dec 22nd, 2005 06:42 AM

I stayed in Maui back in 2000 and I thought I was been smart by requesting brochures, not! Got them made the mistake of renting one and when I got their the place was horrendous it looked like a nursing home and smelled like one too, for starters the carpet was all stained, no a/c nor elevator anyways long story short I was able to get my money back and headed towards the other side of the island. I would inquire about it (find out on what side of the island it is located) and if a/c is a must make sure you ask it they have it. One more suggestion go through priceline YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG, by the way the area to stay in Maui is Ka’napali – lahaina, and please what ever you do don’t’ miss going to the summit and take a sweater it is usually 30 degrees colder than the bottom of the island. Hope I was of some help. Have a great time.
Gina

pspercy Dec 22nd, 2005 10:17 AM

Yes, stayed in a 1/1 at the Mahana two years ago. It was good value for money, I found the best deal thru' American Airlines vacations www.aavacations.com much to my surprise.
Another place to consider is its neighbor, Maui Kai, where we have rented from an owner www.paradiseinmaui.com and were happy there too.
We went up Haleakala in daylight, arriving at the summit about 1030 or so, it's a good drive, great views.

Yojo Mar 14th, 2006 01:47 PM

I returned on Thursday from Maui. I had the opportunity to visit 1205 and 804. Both of these units have been completly renovated in the last year and they are spectacular. The building was under repair for the last year but the work is now done and a wonderful place to stay.

Spokaneman Mar 16th, 2006 12:25 PM

We stayed in the Mahana a couple of years ago. It is a reasonably nice property. The pool area is plain, but near the beach and is kept very clean.
The building is very close to the beach so you get nice ocean views. I cannot remember what unit we were in, but it was clean and well furnished.

The property is a good ways away from the main road, so there isn't any traffic noise. All in all, I think a good property for the price.