Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites in Arlington City, VA?

has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites in Arlington City, VA?

Aug 14th, 2000, 08:28 AM
Jeannnie

has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites in Arlington City, VA?

We have stayed at other Embassy Suites locations, and like the chain. Are you familiar with the Crustal City location on Jeff Davis Highway? How would you describe the area? Office park? Business/Commerial? Residential? I've heard driving in downtown DC is difficult, so we plan to take the metro into DC. Is it safe to walk in the area? Is the metro within walking distance? Thank you.

Aug 14th, 2000, 11:11 AM
Joe

Crystal City is across the river from Washington. It's mostly office buildings and high-rise apartments. It's directly on the Metro line, so getting into the city for sightseeing is easy. It's as safe as any big city, just take the usual precautions.

There is an underground shopping area in Crystal City, as well as a very large shopping mall in Pentagon City, which is one subway stop (or about 4 blocks) away.

Aug 14th, 2000, 11:20 AM
v

Our family stayed there a couple years ago. Liked the hotel. The metro station is about 1-1/2 blocks away, in the underground mall. Very cool setup, actually. But not much else in the area, other than hotels, office buildings, a few restaurants. The underground mall does have some shopping options, if you need a drugstore, etc. There is a Costco just a block away though if you need that type of thing. I found the area to be quite safe, we walked around at night and didn't worry. And the Metro is definitely the way to travel around D.C., we'd do this trip exactly the same way if we did it again.

Aug 28th, 2000, 02:11 PM
Diane

I live less than a block from this Embassy Suites. As others have said, it's handy to the Metro, and the neighborhood is fine. Crystal City is a combination office park / hotel conglomeration / apartment building conglomeration / underground mall. Character, no. Convenience, yes. The Embassy Suites isn't actually "in" C.C. -- more like beside it. I've put visitors there in the past, and they've been quite satisfied.

A few more details for those who might care: the hotel is across the street from a Budget car rental office. It's a two-block walk (longish blocks) to a major upscale shopping mall (Nordstrom's, Macy's, movie theatres, etc.).

Search this Thread