Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Has anyone seen Cirque di Soleil O? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/has-anyone-seen-cirque-di-soleil-o-288826/)

augusta2 Jan 20th, 2008 08:19 PM

Has anyone seen Cirque di Soleil O?

What did you think? Is there a better Cirque du Soleil? I realize it depends on your taste. I want to see one and I'm not sure which one to see. This is our only chance for a long time to see one.

SusanCS Jan 21st, 2008 04:29 AM

O is fabulous. We've seen several Cirque du Soleil productions and the only one we didn't like was Ka.

seafox Jan 21st, 2008 05:05 AM

"o" is a must see, you will love it!!!

doug_stallings Jan 21st, 2008 05:53 AM

I've seen "O" and liked it, but my very favorite has always been Mystere. When I saw "O" I saw too close to the stage. It's much easier to see what's going on from the middle of the theater, but I was on Row 3 in the "splash zone" (though I didn't get very wet, even when it "rained").

Dana_M Jan 21st, 2008 07:02 AM

Agree with SusanCS and seafox. "O" is fantastic. Everyone I know who has seen it not only liked it, but loved it. The only other show I've seen is Love, and it did not compare to "O" even though I'm a huge beatles fan. I haven't seen Mystere, so can't make that comparison as Doug has, but friends tell me Mystere is excellent as well.

BeachBoi Jan 21st, 2008 07:07 AM

Doug...Did you know that the cast of "O" includes a former Olympic diver, an internationally renowned champion in Synchronized Swimming, and the Number 2 Fire Sword Dancer on the Planet? Great show....

Debi Jan 21st, 2008 07:21 AM

O is great - but I have to agree with previous poster - I LOVED Mystere. I also saw Ka - really didn't like that at all......

Tess Jan 21st, 2008 07:31 AM

Chiming in with more Mystere love than that for "O." O was stunning and the water features amazing, but Mystere was more entertaining IMO.

You really can't go wrong with either one.

USNR Jan 21st, 2008 08:12 AM

We saw "O" and thought it was marvelous. Absolutely hypnotizing. We later saw "Le Reve," which we understand owes a lot of its production to Cirque du Soleil. Because "Le Reve" is set "in the round," all seats are equally good. We saw "O" at Bellagio, and we saw "Le Reve" at Wynn. Highly recommend both!

SiteC_er Jan 21st, 2008 09:33 AM

As you've probably noticed, everyone has their own opinion. My wife and liked O but felt Love & Mystere were much better. O is a water version of KA (another one we liked but not as much as Love or Mystere).

Johnnyman7 Jan 21st, 2008 09:59 AM

Yes, saw it. Second best show in Vegas behind Mystere.

Everybody has their own opinion, but I think the most important thing is this: if you have never ever seen a Cirque show before, you must see Mystere before O. Mystere is CLASSIC Cirque......

SusanCS Jan 21st, 2008 05:17 PM

Okay, I didn't want to muddy the original waters, but we saw Mystere, too, and loved it! Really loved it!

I'm not sure it was "better" than O, but it was absolutely wonderful. You won't go wrong with either.