Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard of Cottages of Cabot Cove in Kennebunkport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are seeking a romantic getaway after dropping off our children at sleep away camp this summer. We are interested in White Barn Inn, but are looking for alternatives.

I discovered these cottages (Cottages at Cabot Cove) and they look adorable. Yes, I realize it's not the White Barn Inn, but I'm curious. Is anyone familiar with this property? How is the location (7 South Maine St.)

We're open to suggestions. Thank you!

Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
TahitiTams

We were in Kennebunkport this past September and we stumbled upon this most darling place but we already had a hotel but next time..
Gorgeous and even though the White Barn Inn is incredible, this is where I want to go next time!

cabotcovecottages.com

Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM

Mitmos......sorry I can't help you, but now I have the "Murder, She Wrote" theme song in my head!!!!!
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 02:51 AM

I haven't been inside the cottages, but when walking or driving by have wanted to! It's a lovely area, and it's a do-able walk to town, to Colony Beach (near the big hotel); I say go for it.
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 05:20 AM

Yes, but "Murder She Wrote" scenes were actually filmed in Mendocino, CA!!
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 05:38 AM

Yeah - I figured the show wasn't filmed there......but the name is just ingrained in my poor feeble mind!
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:26 AM

We stayed at Cabot Cove about 10 years ago. The cottages were very basic, and ours was clean. Our friends cabin however had an odor problem (this could just have been a freaky incident). The grounds are very pleasant, on a small salt water pond, and there are row boats available to the guests. The property is located just outside of the downtown, and not far from the beach. I would have no problem staying here again (of course things could change in 10 years!)
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 12:15 PM

One of the sister properties of the White Barn Inn, is the Breakwater. They have the same great service and staff as the WBI. Great location, and you can walk into the village. We've stayed there several times, and they can make dinner reservations for you at the White Barn.

http://www.thebreakwaterinn.com/
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 09:29 AM

It's a bit south of K'bunkport, but our absolute favorite place in Maine is here:
http://www.docksidegq.com/photogalle...togallery.html

The Dockside Guest Quarters in York, Maine. It's away from the main road through York, off on its own teeny island. Great with or without kids. We've been going up there since the late '70s and it just gets better.