Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been to the Haufbrauhaus in Newport, KY?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I went to the Haufbrauhaus Beerhall in Munich this past month and had a great time. Anyways, my DH was doing some research and found out that there is a location in Newport, KY. We were planning on being in the Cincinnati area in July anyways to make our yearly trek to Kings Island (DH grew up in the area) and he wants to visit the Haufbrauhaus in Newport while we are there. I was just looking for any opinions. For anyone who has been to the original location as well, is the Newport location a lot different from the Munich location? It looks like they have some similar things on the menu but definitely more "Americanized" so I was just curious.

Thanks!
Tracy
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Sorry...thats supposed to be "Hofbrauhaus"!
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 06:48 PM

Don't know about Haufbrauhaus in KY, but I too grew up in that area and never heard much about it. I drove past it and it looks like a big beer garden but beyond that, I couldn't say.
By the way, did your DH go to Findlay U.? If so, we might have been friends when we were younger.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 06:14 AM
maj

I personally haven't been there, but have heard good things about it. It's only been open a couple of years. Newport on the Levee is always worth a visit.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:58 AM

I've been by it many times but haven't been there myself either. However I know it is very popular and lots of rowdy drinking fun goes on there (I hear some of the young singles mention it around the office). If you are going to be in the area, you might as well check it out - everyone I know who has been seems to enjoy it. Like Maj said, it is right across the street from Newport on the Levee (nice aquarium here as well) so if you aren't having a good time there are plenty of other spots just across the street to enjoy (my favorite is Istanbul Cafe).