Hard Rock Hotel Orlando - Tell me how to get a great rate

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Shaun

Hi
we are a couple in our late twenties and are planning a trip to florida in late august.
We will start our trip with 4 nights in orlando and hope to stay at the Hard rock hotel if we can get a good rate.

We have seen a lot of talk on this board about entertainment card rates but we live in the UK and this appears to be an american offer/we in the Uk are not familar with an entertainment card.

Can anyone suggest alternative ways to secure a good rate?

Any ideas would be great.

Shaun

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:10 AM
me

Check out the rates directly with the hotel. Then go to expedia.com and travelocity.com. You could also check the airline vacation websites as they ususally have a pre-negoiated bulk rate on the room. Try southwestvacations.com and usairways.com. I bet you would get the best rate from the southwestvacations.com website. Good luck.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Theresa

I noticed if you reserve directly on Loew's Hotel web site you can get a rate of $179 per night while on Expedia the cheapest rate is $199.

I stayed there in March. Loved the hotel and the quick pass to get to the front of all the ride lines.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:58 AM
nina

The Entertainment rate is $ 125/night. Call and ask for it then go to entertainment.com and buy the book ($20).

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 08:35 AM
John

Nina
I realise that you are trying to help but - first if you read the message - shaun said that they could not use the entertainment book as they are british and so were interested in other suggestions. Second the 2002 orlando entertainment book is sold out anyway.
Shaun
I wish I could help but at least this reply will top your post.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 08:47 AM
Susan

John, I too am trying to help, by clearing up a misconception. The nice people at entertainmentbook.com will sell their product to anyone in the world, I'm sure (the only catch is they then have to travel to the U.S. to use it). Granted, if it's sold out, that's another matter.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 08:48 AM
x

John-It did not say they couldn't use the entertainment book, it said it APPEARS to be an American offer that they were not familiar with. Big difference.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Patrick

If you take the above advice and go to the Loew's website, while you're at it, join the Loew's First Club. It's free, and you're likely to get a "free upgrade to a suite" certificate for joining. Or even if you don't there will still be some special perks -- like free local calls, newspaper, comp. bottle of wine on arrival, etc.