Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Happy Valentine's Day! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/happy-valentines-day-503692/)

buckeyemom Feb 14th, 2005 05:52 AM

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here is a special wish for all:

http://www.alighthouse.com/valentine.htm

Hope your Valentine's Day is filled with lots of chocolate, flowers, hearts and love!
((L)) ((L)) ((L)) ((L)) ((L)) ((L)) ((L))

Sarah Feb 14th, 2005 05:55 AM

right back at you buckeyemom! Just looking for more than chocolate and flowers LOL!!!

themanfromnantucket Feb 14th, 2005 06:05 AM

Stupid,overrated holiday to do nothing more than give the economy a boost.

Hallmark holiday at it's best. All guys dread this day.

Patrick Feb 14th, 2005 06:08 AM

Yea, themanfromnantucket, but I bet you can't wait until April 1 -- that holiday was even named for you!

Thanks for your little ray of sunshine.

babs001 Feb 14th, 2005 06:25 AM

Patrick, you have such a way with words!!

Hope all of you out there have a wonderful day.

cd Feb 14th, 2005 06:28 AM

Thanks buckeyemom
Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours ((f))

Statia Feb 14th, 2005 06:43 AM

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Buckeyemom, as well as all my other Fodorite friends. Have a great day everyone!

dcespedes Feb 14th, 2005 06:49 AM

((8)) When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's amore'... ((8))

((l)) ((l)) Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! ((l)) ((l))

LoveItaly Feb 14th, 2005 07:57 AM

Happy Valetines Day everyone! :-X

Meesthare Feb 14th, 2005 08:39 AM

Thanks for the lovely wishes, and the same to all!
I remember when I was single and I thought Valentine's Day was overrated and stupid. One of my colleagues and I used to joke about having trouble getting in our front doors because of all the roses and chocolates piled up waiting for us. I feel very differently now, though - my sweetie does in fact bring me flowers and chocolates (and not just on Valentine's Day) and tonight he's taking me out for dinner. I've just finished baking him some Valentine cookies. A couple of years ago he sang me a Brahms love song, completely unexpectedly, during a choir rehearsal (he had set it up with the conductor). With somebody that romantic in my life it's awfully hard to be cynical.
((L)) ((F)) ((L)) ((F))

dcespedes Feb 14th, 2005 10:22 AM

Meesthare, that is so incredibly sweet! ((l))

themanfromnantucket Feb 14th, 2005 10:33 AM

See that meesthere, it is husbands like yours that make the rest of us hate this holiday. You come into work telling the story how he SINGS to you, and the rest of us need to measure up to that. 99% of men would love to get together and set the paramaters of just a card and maybe flowers. Most restaurants charge too mush on this day anyway, so dinner is a ripoff also.

cd Feb 14th, 2005 10:39 AM

the man
It doesn't take much to make a woman happy. I woke up this morning to a beautiful card on the dining room table. I was touched. Just a card, nothing else but a meaningful card chosen with love.

themanfromnantucket Feb 14th, 2005 10:42 AM

'Tis my point. The simple gifts are the best. It does not need to be filled with chocolate,flowers etc.

Well, maybe for a select few who need it.

iceeu2 Feb 14th, 2005 10:49 AM

**smooches**...wonder what muffin is getting for Valentine's Day...We went to the theatre yesterday...and I swear I saw muffin.....leather and all that goes with it!

ElendilPickle Feb 14th, 2005 12:50 PM

Thank you, Buckeyemom!

We enjoyed our church's annual Valentine banquet Saturday night, and dh just IMed me a bit ago and said he's bringing dinner home - sounds like my evening is looking up! ;-)

Lee Ann

placeu2 Feb 14th, 2005 01:03 PM

It's Valentines day
and Fodors is orange like sunset on the bay.
Here's hoping that your sweetie
gives you a really hot .......

Use your imagination!

Patrick Feb 14th, 2005 01:07 PM

If I were Muffin's Valentine, I'd give her a new robe. A big white one with real long sleeves that I could wrap around behind her and tie together. Get the picture?

tpatricco Feb 14th, 2005 01:21 PM

ROTFLOL Patrick!

Nantucket, maybe you are with the wrong woman. You should not have to measure up to anybody else. If your partner knows and loves you and you make a nice gesture to show her you love her on this day it will be appreciated.

Most practical women know that buying flowers today is rediculous. Unless you have crazy money, buy them another day...make an effort to do something considerate, cook dinner yourself or bring home dinner and set the table with nice dishes...light some candles.

Really guys, it's not that hard to impress us.

themanfromnantucket Feb 14th, 2005 01:29 PM

Are you kidding? I am with the right woman because she knows that flowers and chocolate is a bunch of crap. My valentine was the most simple thing in the world and she could not have loved it anymore.

That doesn't change the fact that this is a stupid holiday to boost the economy during the winter months.