Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hana accomodations, especially Hana Hale Malamalama - opinions/advice please

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Fi

Has anybody stayed at Hana Hale Malamalama? It looks really nice on the website, but can't find much in the way of unbiased opinion about it. Does anyone know what any of the individual accomodations are like? I'd also be interested to hear views on Hale Waikoloa and Ekena Jasmine, if anybody has any expreience of these. Thanks very much!

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fi, Maui Revealed praises the Treehouse Suite and the Royal suite there. They're also one of the few Hana accommodations with a one night minimum. We stayed at a very romantic home, the Hamoa Bay House, which I highly recommend, however it has a 3 night minimum. Here's the URL:

http://www.hamoabay.com/
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 06:42 AM

Thanks, Joan. I have just finally received my copy of Maui Revealed from amazon. I actually e-mailed Malamalama 2 days ago for a reservation and have not yet heard back - not overly impressed so far (though 12 hour time difference can't help.) Will look elswhere on principle if they can't be bothered to respond soon.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 12:09 PM

Hi Fi!
Joan and I are always posting information about our rentals in Hana, we both liked ours so much. We stayed at the Hamoa Beach House, which would probably be too big for you (sleeps 10), but while we were there I made note of a very well kept up and nicely furnished cottage right across the small road from Hamoa Beach. Sometimes places look better in person than on the website, and vice versa. A perfect spot to see the moon rise over the ocean. Hamoa Beach is dreamy, within 2 minutes of your front door. The website is: http://www.hanaoceanfrontcottages.com/cottage.htm
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 03:22 PM

Thanks, Maggi & Joan. I read all the good postings about Hamoa Bay House, but there are only two of us so that will be a bit big! I'll take another look at the cottages - I did come across them and wasn't inspired but as you say, it's so hard to tell from pictures and descriptions (which is the beauty of this forum!).
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 06:50 PM

Hi Maggi!

Fiona, just wanted you to know that Hamoa Bay House also has a second stilt cottage (the "bungalow) that is smaller, less expensive. We tried to book that (and it looked adorable) but it was not available, and so we took the larger house...
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 04:41 PM
MIG

I've stayed at the Hamoa Bay Bungalow - it was very, very nice for a couple. Definitely off the beaten path. Remote, private, and beautiful.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 01:40 PM

Sadly, Hamoa Bay was booked (both properties). I finally got a reply from Malamalama after a week, with no apology for the delay and the fact I'd e-mailed them twice. By then I had booked elsewhere - at Hale Heavenly Hana. Looks good on the website.... Thanks for the help, everyone.