My husband and I are attending a wedding in Charleston over the summer. We'll be driving down from DC and we're thinking of dividing the drive into 2 days with less to drive on the 2nd day so we are looking for a good place to stop and spend a night. DC is 500 miles from Charleston, so we were thinking somewhere along 95 in North Carolina or northern South Carolina. Since we'll be arriving during the evening, the location doesn't need to have a lot to do, just a nice hotel or B&B with a good restaurant nearby and maybe a downtown area to walk around. Anyone have any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 2 4 days in San Diego
- 3 NY theater district restaurant
- 4 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 5 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 6 Family winter holiday
- 7 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 8 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 9 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 10 Trip to Cali
- 11 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 12 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 13 Big Sur weather in early December
- 14 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 15 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 16 Our next summer trip
- 17 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 18 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 19 Dulles to BWI
- 20 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 21 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 22 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 23 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 24 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 25 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!