Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > H.S. spring break, April 03 - places good for teens?

H.S. spring break, April 03 - places good for teens?

Apr 11th, 2002, 05:54 AM
k

H.S. spring break, April 03 - places good for teens?

Does anyone have specific suggestions for a senior trip for 5-6 17/18 year old girls and some parent chaperones?

girls need music, beach, dancing, and kids their own age

Thanks

Apr 11th, 2002, 05:56 AM
k

OOOPS...meant to say I'm looking for places in Hawaii

Apr 11th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Merilee

Just thought I'd mention that there are several travel companies located throughout the US that offer travel packages specifically for high school seniors...the trips occur after graduation and I know that from the northeast the destinations have been Cancun and the Bahamas...they're all inclusive packages and they even include chaperones...I know it's lame to post without specifics, but maybe the info is available through the guidance department at the high school, or maybe another poster has a name.

Apr 11th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Myra

Hawaii is not a popular spring break destination for a variety of reasons.
If you must go to Hawaii, Waikiki is as close as you'll get to 'action' that will satisfy teen girls. Even Kaanapali and Lahaina in Maui are very sedate by spring break standards.
The big spring break hot spots, of course, are S. Padre Island, Lake Havasu in AZ, the Florida beaches, and Mexican beach towns.

Apr 11th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Party Dude

Come on down to Daytona Beach, Florida!

Apr 11th, 2002, 07:17 AM
k

Dude...just got back from Daytona and Ft. Lauderdale with the girls - sorry they missed you

Merilee... thanks, I'll ask at the high school

Myra... thanks - so you think Hawaii is not a good option? Any specific place outside the U.S. that caters to this age, but without the heavy influence of drugs/alcohol?

Apr 11th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Party Dude

I'm Party Dude!

Apr 11th, 2002, 10:28 AM
saynoto

Do not send them to Cancun. I went there a few years ago when I was 21, and all it is is everyone getting drunk and having sex. Not a good place for young girls to be.

Apr 11th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Liza

My dad has run a high school trip during April vacation for a few years. He cancelled the trip this year because of 9/11, but he's gone to Hawaii and Disney World a few times. I've been on the Hawaii trip a few times and I think there is plenty to do in Waikiki for a 17/18 year old. There is good shopping, a good beach, snorkeling. One can visit Pearl Harbor, go up to the north shore, hike through a rain forest to a waterfall. There are NOT a lot of clubs that are under 18, but we talked a karaoke bar into allowing our kids in.. and that was right on the beach. Plus, during April vacation there are usually TONS of other schools in Waikiki out on band trips, chorus trips, etc.

Search this Thread