Gulf Shores/Orange Beach

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:51 PM
dbr
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulf Shores/Orange Beach

I'm looking for any suggestions on places to stay in the Gulf Shores area. I would like a 2 bedroom close to the beach and has a pool. We have a 18 month old, so it needs to be kid friendly. We will be there for 4 days the last week of Aug. 2003. Any suggestions would be great.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 02:19 PM

There are LOTS of condo rental agencies in this area. I can't remember all but some common ones are Meyers, Bret-Robinson, Picard Realty.
That's all I can think of right now.

Here's what I usually do to find a condo: go to google.com and type in something like "orange beach/gulf shores condo rentals". This will give you tons of links that you can go into and find many different realty companies. Each company will have pictures and descriptions on the website for you to view and read about.

One other idea: vrbo.com. This place is where condo owners post their own information about rentals without a middle man involved. You go to this website, then click on Alabama and then go to the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach section. You might luck into some cancallations or "last minute" bargain rentals.

I know you don't have a lot of time between now and the dates you want to visit, but I'm sure you'll find something.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 12:54 PM

We stay at Sandpiper..... thru Bender Realty. Had a two-year old there last year and it was great.... several other kids around to play with. Going back again next week. Plus, the pool is a good size (given there are only 48 units) and you can see/hear the beach and ocean from the pool. Condos are nice and spacious.... all two-bedroom, two-bath with full kitchen and a living room. Rates are great in late August (off peak). Email me if you want more info.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:25 PM

Take a look at the Beach Club at gulfshoresreservations.com

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 03:06 PM
dln

Antmaril's suggestion is a great one! You can see the Beach Club website directly at www.beachclubal.com It's elegant, relaxing, and just plain beautiful. There's more than one outdoor pool, and an indoor one as well. The restaurant serves delicious food and if you like, you can sit outside on the veranda. It's very child friendly, so no troubles there.

The only drawback, if you can even call it that, is that it's not on the main drag. You drive down a long road and it's very separate from the rest of Gulf Shores. That makes it somewhat inconvenient if you need to make a grocery store run at the last minute, but I'm willing to deal with that for the peace and quiet this place offers.

Old Aug 7th, 2003, 12:31 PM

peace and quiet? i thought they had a 18 month old.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 01:03 PM

Any of the rental companies Lee4 mentioned should be able to accommodate you. antmaril's Beach Club suggestion is also a good one. Many of the schools down here are starting early this year, so that week might not be so crowded. Email me if you have local questions.