Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   GTG Sacramento Old Town October 13-14? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/gtg-sacramento-old-town-october-13-14-a-1672185/)

sludick Sep 25th, 2019 04:14 AM

GTG Sacramento Old Town October 13-14?

Our vacation is nearly upon us, so I thought I'd put out the idea of a get-together in Sacramento Old Town at the end of the trip. Any takers?

We'll be in Sacramento on Sunday afternoon, October 13 (coming from Point Arena), and leaving on Tuesday morning (October 15). Would like to meet up with some of the wonderful Fodorites in the area, either Sunday late afternoon/evening or any time on Monday day/evening. We will be spending our time in Old Town, enjoying some old memories and just readjusting before heading back to work and home.

Let me know if we can plan something ;)

janisj Sep 25th, 2019 07:43 AM

I 'might' be at Tahoe that weekend but that is looking less likely now. Will know more in a few days.

MichelleY Sep 25th, 2019 09:05 AM

I will be back in town on Sunday, late, so Monday would work better for me!

socaltraveler Sep 25th, 2019 11:19 AM

While I have yet to meet any Fodorites in the area since we moved here 5 years ago, alas we will be in London on your dates. Perhaps someday.

BarbAnn Sep 25th, 2019 01:01 PM

Bummer! I will be in New England most of October.

sludick Sep 26th, 2019 04:05 AM

OK - there is still some time for plans to come together, but shall we say Monday for those who can make it? We are open day or evening, depending on what others' schedules are. Somewhere in Old Town? MichelleY, hope to see you; and janisj, if Tahoe doesn't work out, you as well.

MichelleY Sep 27th, 2019 08:36 AM

I will know more after this weekend if I can do Monday day. Monday evening for sure. I will get ahold of Kal and others!

janisj Oct 6th, 2019 02:39 PM

OK - not going to Tahoe til the following weekend (praying for no snow! )

Monday works for me. Have a fitness class but that is pretty early AM so Monday lunch time or early evening are doable . . .

MichelleY Oct 6th, 2019 03:58 PM

Lunch or evening are good for me too on Monday!

janisj Oct 9th, 2019 11:16 AM

Sludick: You've got mail. Been talking w/ MichelleY and lunch time Monday downtown would be good for us. A nice but casual place like House Kitchen & Bar on Capitol Mall or similar around 1PM?? If that works out, anyone else able to join us?

Or . . . possibly Rio City Cafe actually IN Old Town. The food is better at House - the views are better at Rio City.

sludick Oct 10th, 2019 06:59 AM

Monday lunch sounds great. Either of your suggestions works for us. Since we are not familiar with either, you get to decide - thanks.

At Little River Inn until tomorrow, then on to Point Arena Lighthouse for 2 nights before heading to Sacramento. Will check back in as I get signal. Looking forward to seeing you!

janisj Oct 11th, 2019 05:07 PM

Hope you are enjoying Mendocino County!

Let's plan on House Kitchen & Bar @ 1:00 555 Capitol Mall. It's walking distance from Old Sac through the K St pedestrian tunnel to the arena and then two blocks south on 5th St. Or if you are driving the garage at 5th & L Street validates (just for one hour at lunch time) - or the Macy's garage at 5th & L validates for 3 hours with a Macy's purchase.

https://www.houseoncapitol.com

The sludlick's, MichelleY (Mr MichellY?? ), me. Anyone else available Monday afternoon?

sludick Oct 13th, 2019 11:51 AM

It's a date! Ser you tomorrow#

janisj Oct 14th, 2019 03:06 PM

Sitting on a light rail train back home from a terrific GTG with MichelleY and mr/mrs sludlick. Great company , good food - lots of conversation (and only a LITTLE gossip) 😀🍷🍴

MichelleY Oct 14th, 2019 08:13 PM

Fun meeting Mr.& Mrs. Sludick. Have a safe trip home!

sludick Oct 16th, 2019 04:15 AM

We're back home now, got in at a reasonable hour last night. Now to reacclimate to Florida climate...

I so much enjoyed our GTG! janisj and MichelleY, thank you for making the trek over to the House Kitchen and Bar (great place, by the way). Janisj - I am still wishing I had that salmon entree that you ordered. Anyway, great company and lots of good conversation. I only wish I lived closer so that we could get together more often.

We did so much on this trip, thanks to all for the help. As soon as I get unpacked and all my work emails answered, I'll start on a trip report to share our experiences.