Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!
Notices

Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!

Oct 23rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!

My brain is spinning with so much Lake Tahoe info! If anyone can narrow the choices down for me (North vs South, which mountains) that would be great!

Looking to go in late February. We are a group of 8-12 people, some snowboarders, some skiers. 4-6 are beginner and 3-4 intermediate, 1-2 expert. All in early thirties. We would like some kind of group lodging, preferably ski in ski out. Would like to be in an area with lots of things to do so that if anyone chooses not to ski, can do other things (ie ice skate, sledding). Nightlife (ie casions) also a plus.

Basically, trying to find something that fits everyone!

Thanks!
Oct 23rd, 2013, 11:36 AM

North Lake Tahoe has more resorts within driving distance than South Lake Tahoe. For comprehensive resorts, I think that Squaw or Northstar would be the best bet, the experts would probably prefer Squaw, Northstar is better for intermediate skiers. Because of the view, I would rate Squaw as better for beginners.

Squaw has the advantage of having a regular shuttle to Alpine Meadows (under the same ownership, one ticket for both), which would give the advanced skiers some more terrain to explore.

Both resorts have cross-country trails. Squaw had ice skating. Northstar has snow tubing (?). Check their respective websites for what they offer.

Search this Thread