grocery store near Las Vegas strip?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a grocery store located near the L.V. strip? Visiting in June and would like to pick up snacks/fruit/bottled water for room - had trouble locating one last visit. Also is there a liquor store nearby? We will be staying in the Bally's area. Many thanks for any tips you can provide.
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 04:41 AM

I'd like to know this one as well.

I'll be leaving for Vegas on sunday for 10 days on business. I'm staying at a Residence Inn near the strip, so would like to go grocery shopping so I can minimize both my expenses and my caloric intake!!

Also, does anyone know of a decent tanning salon nearby? I'll be working during the day, so I won't be able to get some sun. I'm leaving for Hawaii in a month and have started building up my base tan here, but need to visit a tanning salon at least twice while I'm in Vegas.

Any locals out there that can make recommendations?

Old Oct 27th, 2003, 04:47 AM

There are both grocery and liqour stores on the Strip. The exact location escapes me (possibly somewhere near Monte Carlo at a guess) but I remember going into a grocery store on the Monte Carlo side and then a liquor store almost directly opposite on the other side of the Strip.

I'm sure someone with a better memory or local knowledge will pinpoint it better than I can and probably tell you if there's anywhere nearer Bally's too.
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 06:15 AM

Ask someone in the hotel once you get there... I'm sure they would be able to help.
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 06:32 AM

We went to a liquor store near the strip in June 2003 and found it was cheaper to buy at the liqour store in Excalibur.
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 07:19 AM

My experience has been you have to get OFF the strip to buy anything for reasonable prices. If you have a car jsut start driving away from the strip. There WILL be grocerie and ligour stores in populated areas -- and Vegas is a bit populated. Last time I was at Rio on Tropicana. Headed about 2 blocks away from strip (had my car) and found a huge supermarket.

Please win some of my money while you are there!

Old Oct 27th, 2003, 08:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lschrage - for a small fee, Residence Inn will do all your grocery shopping for you, just give them a list. Maybe this way you can charge it to the room as a business expense?

For those with a car, from the strip turn left on Sahara and go up a couple of miles to Decatur, turn right. Ahead on the left in the US Bank plaza is a Trader Joe's. Great place for snacks, nuts, cookies, soft drinks, liquor and bottled water, all at good prices.
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all this helpful info. I'm trying to avoid breaking a $20 everytime I want water or an apple!
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 09:55 AM

Head east or west down any major street from the strip, and you will surely find a grocery store within 2 miles.

The major chains here are called Von's, Albertson's, and Smith's.

All grocery stores here carry full selections of liquor, beer, and wine, so there is no need to visit a liquor store in addition to the grocery store.