Notices

Great places to eat Los Angeles

Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great places to eat Los Angeles

Staying around Beverly Hills for three days. Where do we eat for great food and possibly star sighting?
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:45 PM

A great place for breakfast or lunch is Nate and Al on Beverly Drive. I've seen tons of stars in there, Larry King twice. It's a very casual Jewish Deli.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 05:56 PM

Spago on a Friday or Saturday night.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 06:03 PM

Star sighting is way overrated and highly unlikely. It's not like every other person here is a celeb....trust me.

I'd pick a restaurant based on the food and service rather than star-sighting quotient. You will probably end up disappointed.
Old Sep 26th, 2007, 01:15 AM

I'm with Johnny. If you want to see stars in L.A., try Griffith Observatory.
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 01:42 AM

Also if you want to go to a really nice restaurant but don't have a reservation you can get one from this little webstie..

http://www.TablePronto.com

They allow you to acquire reservations from people who couldn't make theirs for a small free of like $10.

Have a great time!

Cheers!

Jon
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 07:19 AM

The Restaurant at The Getty is a memorable spot, especially for sunset dinners (open evenings on Fri & Sat or for lunch Tues-Sat)
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 07:34 PM

I lived in Beverly Hills for 3 years and saw famous people NON STOP. Here are some good restaurants/spots for star sighting:

Nate 'n Al's- great diner, Larry King eats there every weekday morning (or at least he used to), often with Harvey Korman. Also spotted there: Jody Foster.

Trattoria Amici (http://www.tamici.com/int_bh.html) hidden gem of a neighborhood Italian dinner joint, great food, reasonable prices. (Seen: Jody Foster and Ellen DeGeneres/Ann Heche there-all at the same time in the tiny dining room!)

The Ivy (or anyplace on Robertson Blvd for that matter)- pricey but tasty place to see and be seen. The paparazzi literally hang out at the valet- it's crazy.

Newsroom Cafe- great breakfast spot across from The Ivy, very reasonable. (seen: David Spade, Gabriel Byrne, Anthony Kiedis from Red Hot Chili Peppers).

The Peninsula Hotel (seen: Regis Philbin) the Four Seasons (seen: Usher) or any of the swanky hotels in BH.

I see now that this posting is a bit old so I'll stop but BH is CHOCK full of famous people- sounds nuts but the Ralphs on Beverly (seen: Judd Nelson, Halle Berry) and the Bristol Farms (seen: Sydney Poitier, Ben Stiller) just keep your eyes open.

Old Dec 17th, 2007, 08:18 PM

I'm not good at star spotting, but I've always seen someone famous at Spago, and the best part is they treat everyone so well. Wolfgang himself came to our table and chatted for something like 10 minutes one night. On our way out some woman came up and asked who we were. She thought we must be famous because we got so much attention -- that was funny.

I also always see someone famous at Ago. Part owner Robert DeNiro used to hang out there a lot, but not sure if he still does. More younger stars though.

And I'd agree about Nate and Al's. You're bound to spot someone famous there, often several at a time.

But the Ivy holds the record for me. During lunch one day we were "joined" by both Liza AND Barbra at two different tables, each with an entourage. I haven't seen so much fawning since the premier of Bambi!
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 09:05 AM

It's a bit of a drive from West Hollywood, but my husband and I LOVED Geoffrey's of Malibu. We drove from our hotel in hollywood, and I would guess it was about a 45 min drive from what I remember. Go at night, and ask for an outdoor table. Beautiful scenery (right on the ocean) and the food and service were both great!
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 1 Post
This was the OP's one and only post and he hasn't been back since Sept. Don't think he's still looking . . . . .
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 09:56 AM

Unless it was a regular poster with a fake name, too embarrassed to admit he/she is a bit starstruck or not ready to take the usual heat for "stop gawking at the celebrities", which oddly enough hardly happened this time round.
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 10:36 AM

NeoPatrick - that's funny. People seem to want to assume others are someone famous. My ex- FIL was an extremely distinguished looking man and he frequented a particular up-scale but not gourmet restaurant in SoCal. Becase of his appearance and that he was a regular customer, bartenders and wait staff called him "Senator" (he was actually an insurance agent). I cannot count the number of times strangers would approach the table and begin schmoozing with him, completely ignoring the rest of us at the table. It got to the point that he had to quickly cut people off, telling them "I'm not really a Senator, I just play one in this restaurant".
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 01:02 PM

The Ivy is soooo overrated. I went there in November, saw no one of interest, and it cost me $25 for a stupid hamburger. It's very charming but the food wasn't even that great. What about Kate Mantilini (spelling is wrong with the last name) on Wilshire Blvd in BH?
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 02:18 PM

I'm an admitted cheap date, who loves the Apple Pan. Though I've never seen anyone famous there. Next trip I want to try Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles.