Notices

Great place to stay outside Santa Fe?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:28 AM
Derek

Great place to stay outside Santa Fe?

Anyone know of a great place to stay outside Santa Fe in December? I'm not real interested in staying in town. I heard about the Rancho Encantado, but hear that it is closed. I've heard just a little bit about the Rancho de San Juan and Bishop's Lodge. I'll be newly married and looking for a romantic getaway.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:00 AM
SA

What about Taos ? I prefer it to Santa Fe yet it is close enough to visit easily.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:51 AM
Lawren

I second Taos. Check www.taosinn.com for romantic.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 09:32 AM
micro

My wife and I love Taos. We like to rent an adobe vacation house a little north of town. Relax in the hot tub, nice fire in the kiva, beatuiful views of the mountians and the western skies, watch the sunrise and sunset. Great resturaunts, Vida's in particular. It's hard to describe but for 'city folk' it is such a plesant contrast. Check out www.taosvacationrentals.com

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 09:49 AM
MEL

I stayed at the Bishop's Lodge last February and would highly recommend it. My room was very romantic, with a fire place, big comfy bed, and a deck outside that overlooked a pond and horse stables. At night there are luminarias illuminating the property, and a big outdoor fireplace. You feel like you're out in the wilderness at the Bishop's Lodge, but conveniently your only about a 10 minute drive outside town.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 11:34 AM
J T Kirk

Ad if you stay at the Bishop's Lodge (which I heartily recommend), have breakfast just up the road at the Tesuque Village Market. Very low-key place, but GREAT eats.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 01:43 PM
felecia

How is taos around christmas? i was thinking about santa fe, a last minute, if its available trip but may consider taos too if I can find availablity..it there plenty to do for us? Husband and wife in late 20's.

Old Nov 28th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Ms. Ghost

Have read alot about Hacienda del Cerezo which is apparently some 15 to 20 minutes outside of Santa Fe. Their brochure looks lovely.....it's small--maybe 10 rooms--and looks romantic.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Khy

We recently stayed at Bishop's Lodge, and we highly recommend it! The suites were beautiful, and the location was scenic, but not too far removed from the "action" in Sante Fe. It is a wonderful place!

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 05:40 PM
bb

How about the Galisteo Inn, SE of SF? Very charming place.