Great B&B or Rental Home in Santa Fe?

Jan 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Great B&B or Rental Home in Santa Fe?

Thanks to this board I've decided to spend a couple of days in Santa Fe after my covention in Albuquerque in September. After five nights at the Hyatt in ABQ, I'm going to want something very "Santa Fe" without spending more than $250 per night.

I've seen several nice rentals on vrbo.com but think a B&B might be better so my husband and I can get recommendations from the host and the other guests.

So I'm wide open for suggestions. After two hours of researching online, all I know for sure is that I do want to be within walking distance of the Plaza, need more than a bed and four walls (that is, some personality to the living space!), and there better be a great TV for my husband! Thanks!
Jan 24th, 2007, 05:46 PM

El Farolito sounds like what you are looking for and in your budget:

http://www.farolito.com/

They also have another place that is a bit less $$, http://www.fourkachinas.com/

Hope this helps...
Debi
Jan 24th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Debi, Yes, El Farolito looks very much like what I want. Do you know anything about Las Palomas? I know it's a hotel, but it looks good, too.
Jan 24th, 2007, 07:55 PM

I am not familiar with Las Palomas. One thing I'd consider [if it was me] Las Palomas allows children, not sure about El Farolito. The nature of B&B's tend to discourage children. At this stage of my life, no children is my preference.

If memory serves, there are 2 different parts to Las Palomas. One is hotel, the other are kitchenette type things.

I think you will be happier with El Farolito. More romantic <wink>
Debi
Jan 24th, 2007, 08:14 PM

I agree w/ El Farolito. We loved everything about it when we stayed there in Sept 2005. Last fall we stayed at Inn on the Alameda. Would recommend that too, but only if you can swing a casita room. Location is better, but not quite the same personalized service/experience as at El Farolito. In four nights at each place, I don't recall seeing one child. If you're going in Sept, I expect you wouldn't either.
Jan 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again, El Farolito it is! (During my research I even learned what a farolito is!)