My husband and I (along with our 18 month old) will be going to the Grand Hotel on Makinaw Isladn in October for a wedding. We are looking for advice from people who have stayed at the hotel as to whether or not to book a Category II room (large interior room or small lake view) or a Category III room (large lake view room). The Category III is $120/night more (without factoring in fees and taxes). Is it worth it?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Muir Woods - new rules
- 2 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 3 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 4 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 5 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 6 meridian
- 7 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 8 4 days in San Diego
- 9 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 10 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 11 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 12 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 13 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 14 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 15 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 16 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 17 Family winter holiday
- 18 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 19 Galveston
- 20 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 21 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 22 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 23 Train Journey, SFO to SEA
- 24 Padre Islands
- 25 NYC hotels...asked often but would like suggestions
Grand Hotel on Makinaw Island--Looking for room recommendations