We are considering a 6-day motorized rafting trip with 12 and 14 year old girls. Anyone have experience with this type of trip, and this age? The trip we are considering does not include the hike in or out - it would start in Lees Ferry and helicopter out at Whitmore Wash. In late July/early August. I know it's hot, but from what I understand, the cool water helps. Also, is this trip worth the cost? We'd be spending almost 50% more than we usually spend on vacation - although I know it's a trip-of-a-lifetime. Still, it's expensive and I'd love to hear some thoughts on folks who have done this one.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ESET 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT ESET Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Spartagen Xt Facts
- 3 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 4 Tile and Grout Cleaning Clearwater FL
- 5 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 6 Family winter holiday
- 7 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 8 NY theater district restaurant
- 9 Trip to Cali
- 10 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 11 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 12 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 13 Big Sur weather in early December
- 14 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 15 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 16 Our next summer trip
- 17 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 18 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 19 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 20 Dulles to BWI
- 21 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 22 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 23 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 24 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 25 Kauai for a week: advice needed