Search

Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

Hi Fodorites,

I am visiting Phoenix for a few days in the not too distant future and am wondering where I should stay? I'd like a clean, safe hotel, which is in walking distance to some kind of nightlife/dining district. I know that some places are driving towns and you have to get a cab everywhere and I'm not sure if Phoenix/Scottsdale is one of them. I listed both locales (Phoenix & Scottsdale) because it looks to me like the conference I am going to is kind of in between both. Thanks for any suggestions!!
Old Jul 27th, 2015, 04:30 PM

Hi Bostonblondie - you don't mention your price range, but in the summer season prices can be quite reasonable. Downtown Scottsdale is great because there are a lot of restaurants, etc. in very close proximity. However, beware - if it is in August/September it will be brutally hot and you may not want to walk. We often stay at the Doubletree on Scottsdale Road - it is across from a very large upscale Mall, and there is the Firesky resort there as well. In downtown Scottsdale itself you could try the Hilton which is quite convenient. It's a tourist town so there are oodles of hotels to choose from. enjoy your stay
Old Jul 27th, 2015, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hyatt Place OldTown if you decide on Scottsdale
Old Jul 27th, 2015, 06:22 PM

Hyatt Place was what I meant - I've led workshops there and the facilities are quite decent
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 08:14 PM

Sanctuary at Camelback Mountain (Paradise Valley).

I think you'll need a car regardless of where you go.
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 11:57 PM

I'm also heading to Scottsdale quite soon, after reading some of your previous trip reports please tell me there's chance of see you you, your sisters and your mom living it up either in the spa, around the pool or the bar? Your Napa report was a classic!

Sorry I can't help on where to stay I like places that are miles from anywhere (Four Seasons or the Boulders) where I can lie by the pool and do nothing! FYI if you book any of the more upmarket rates be sure to use a Virtuoso agent to get free breakfast a free upgrade and often a food and beverage or a spa credit.