Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Grand Canyon Loop/Colorado river/ FROM BOISE, IDAHO
Notices

Grand Canyon Loop/Colorado river/ FROM BOISE, IDAHO

Apr 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

Grand Canyon Loop/Colorado river/ FROM BOISE, IDAHO

I am in the beginning stage of planning our grand canyon LOOP trip. We just decided to make the trip and Im thinking we will shoot for Mid May. Im overwhelmed with all the great things to do...I want to do Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon and any other fantastic places. I have seen many people who recommend the Colorado Discovery 1/2 day trip in Arizona. Can someone give me a rough list of entrance locations and places to visit/stay (in order) coming from Boise, Idaho- ?

Any suggestions or ideas would be wonderful!!
Thanks in Advance
Apr 27th, 2011, 04:47 PM

Hi ryanandsarie,

It would be helpful to know how long you have for your trip so we don't overwhelm you with to many places you couldn't possible have time to see.

Utahtea
Apr 27th, 2011, 05:09 PM

Approximately 2000 from-back to Boise. I-84 and I-15 and US6/191 to Green River 8 hours and 520 miles.
Start the loop-you can do this loop clockwise or CCW.
Green River-Moab/Arches-Kayenta AZ through Monument Valley-Grand Canyon- Page AZ for your Colorado raft trip-Zion National Park-Bryce Canyon NP-over Rt 12 through Boulder UT to Capitol Reef NP-Goblin Valley State Park and back to Green River Utah. The loop not counting what you drive inside the parks is 950 miles. If you wanted to add 90 miles you could go from Jacob Lake south to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon after you leave Page (or Zion if going CCW).

Search this Thread