Search

Grand Canyon Lodges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Di

Grand Canyon Lodges

Has anyone stayed at Yavapi Lodge?
Is it comfortable w/o the AC?
Or is it better to stay outside the park in Tusayan?
Staying inside I thought would be quite an experience. No on the rim rooms available.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Kat

I stayed at the Yavapi Lodge about 5 years ago in Oct. It was very comfortable during that time of year. Sorry I don't have more info to help you out!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 04:07 PM
OO

Stayed at Bright Angel, not Yavapi, but I would definitely stay in the park rather than Tusayan. Adds to the entire experience, being there at night, at sunrise, etc.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 04:11 PM
kam

Think you'll be OK with open windows and light pjs. Would rather be in the park that in Tusayan, although that's not terrible. Make res. now, but still keep checking for rim room up to the day before you leave. Their cancellation policies are very lenient and sometimes things come in late. Even saw folks getting El Tovar rooms the afternoon of the stay at the desk at reception. You will be about 6500 ft. altitude so you won't experience the heat of Arizona.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:28 AM
pete

I don't know anything about the other lodges there but I stayed at the North Rim last year and loved it!

Does anyone know anything about Maswik. That is where I made my reservations for End of August??? Any suggestions about this lodge will help me.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:34 PM
x

it is back from the rim...nothing special..Bright Angel,El Tovar,Kachina, and Thunderbird are on the rim proper...it is clean and adequate

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Eva

We stayed at the Maswik in June. It is really quite hideous from the outside --we were in the motel bldg. rather than the cabins. The interior although kind of dull, was really clean and the rooms were decent sized. The walk to the rim trail/El Tovar was only 5-10 minutes. We booked it because it was the only thing we could get. Next time we want the El Tovar. I really can't say anything bad about the Maswik however, they even promptly mailed us the things we left behind in the room.
Enjoy!