Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim -Rooms available-YES

Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim -Rooms available-YES

Jun 14th, 2002, 11:29 AM
jan

Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim -Rooms available-YES

I was so exited I was able to get a Frontier Cabin for Mid August I had to share my news.
I felt my chances were slim to none.
Just to pass the news along.
PS Anyone stayed in the Frontier cabins?I am not expecting too much, just to stay on the rim will be perfect. I think?? What is a 3/4 bath? Now just to be able to make it from Cortez thru Mounument valley.
Link below to where I was able to reserve.
@$90.00
Cheers,
Jan
http://www.xanterra.com/properties/g...yonorthrim.htm

Jun 14th, 2002, 11:56 AM
OliveOyl

Congratulations!! That is exciting news. Xanterra bought out Harvey Hotels which used to run all the park lodges. I hope upkeep and prices won't change.

We haven't stayed on the north rim, but stayed in Bright Angel cabins on the south. I imagine your room and bath will be similar to ours at Bright Angel--rustic comfort suited to the location. Our bath had a shower only, rather than tub and shower, which is probably the definition of a 3/4 bath.

My husband had an opportunity to work at that hotel eons ago, but it was in the middle of nowhere, we had one toddler and another on the way, AND the hotel closed for the winter. So that meant he had no job 1/2 the year? He didn't pursue it needless to say, but it would have been an experience!

Jun 14th, 2002, 05:21 PM
s

Cortez to Monument Valley and then on to the North Rim is going to make for one long day. Suggest you leave COrtez in the early evening and head for Kayenta to overnight. THe next day you can do Monument Valley and be on your way to the NR by noontime. I you decide to do this it is essential to make an advance registration for a motel. Try the Holiday Inn - 1 800 Holiday or the Wetherill Inn - (520) 697-3231

Jun 15th, 2002, 10:57 AM
xxx

ttt

Search this Thread