Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Got an excellent rate on Orbitz for Caeasrs LV in Sept... I have a room ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:45 AM
Cyndy

The 1st 3 nights are $109/night and $179/night for Fri and Sat. for a "deluxe room king bed marble bath...". Do the non-Palace tower rooms have marble baths? I've read quite a bit on this forum on how the older rooms aren't that great and wondered if I lucked out at got this great rate for a palace tower room. If not, we can always upgrade (hopefully) when we get there if the room is awful.

BTW, we are staying there for a conference. Figured I book a room there and still search for other great rates at Bellagio.

Thanks!

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 03:41 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:37 PM
Amy

Stayed at Caesars a couple of months ago in a regular deluxe room. Yes, the non-Palace tower rooms do have marble baths. The check-in clerk actually said that my room was an upgrade because it had a whirlpool bath. She described it as a "fun classic Vegas room" but I found the decor too dated for my liking. Incidently, I also asked about a Palace tower upgrade at check-in but was told that they are now very strict about charging the $25 fee.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:45 PM
Bill

Caesar's is not going to put their desirable rooms on sale at Orbitz/Priceline, etc. unless they're having major trouble filling.
And you'll not likely find them desperately trying to sell tower rooms almost 3 months in advance. That's still a long way off by Vegas standards.
BTW, you'll be penalized if you back out on rooms booked at Orbitz.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:53 PM
dana

We stayed in the Palace Tower rooms
three years ago. The rooms are exceptinally large, with a nice big
whirlpool bath. at that time we paid
around $139 a night for the room Sun-Thurs.

6 years ago stayed in the old tower (then the only tower) and paid $199
per night, and the room was pretty tiny,
but had a round bathtub in the middle of the hotel room, but no view at all.
Caesar's has or had that lattice work over all the windows, but was out of my room so much, didn't really matter!
Check Caesar's direct web-site. They have Emporer Specials and I think the rates were quite a bit lower for that time period, i.e., $119 every night, some weeks in September plus free buffet dinner and 2 free buffet breakfasts too.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:24 PM
Cyndy

Thanks everyone. Wishful thinking on my part.

Bill-- I read through Orbitz's entire site (well, almost)about cancellations and even called their 800# to find out their cancellation policy and I was told that even though I paid one night's deposit, it's refundable until Sept 7th. The only time there would be a fee for changing or cancelling the reservation, is if it were an "orbitz super saver fare" which it wasn't.

Dana-- I inquired about that rate and almost booked it, but there was a $100 forfeiture for any cancellation. I figured I was better off w/ my original reservation, especially since it's 3 mos away.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:37 PM
Cyndy

Sorry, make that "orbitz saver" fare.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:35 PM
Cyndy

Sorry, make that "orbitz saver" fare.