Reload this Page >

Good Time of Year for a Weekend in Big Bear

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Linda

I'm not a skier--as a matter of fact I don't even like snow. I'd like to have a weekend in Big Bear when it isn't too crowded. I'm thinking maybe the middle of October. Is this too late for hiking and weeing natural beauty (without snow and skiers), too early for the crowds to be gone? Thanks for your advice.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Linda

Oops, "seeing" (not weeing). And I even re-read it before I posted! Sorry. (But then maybe I gave somebody their daily chuckle. Hope so.)

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 02:52 PM
OCGal

October is a nice time of year up in Big Bear. Just be sure to pack a jacket, since it can start to get a little chilly, particularly in the evening. While you're up there, be sure to check out a restaurant called Madeline's. Good food, great service and wonderful desserts.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 05:05 PM
D.B.

You can often go during the week even in the summer and it won't be very crowded. I used to take motorcycle rides up that way (Lake Arrowhead or Bluejay) and never had much of a problem, as long as it's not some holiday or other special event -- never drive into the basin from Big Bear or Vegas on a Sunday evening.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Suzie

Whew! Linda thanks for the laugh. I must now compose myself enough to respond. One year we planned in advance to spend new year's skiiing in Big Bear. There was not a bit of snow anywhere that year. I think OCGirl is right. October you won't find crowds or snow.