Reload this Page >

Good sushi on Maui and Oahu?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:52 AM
TJ

I'm trying to find a couple of great sushi restaurants on Maui and Oahu. We're staying in Wailea on Maui and Waikiki on Oahu.

I've heard Sansei on Maui is great, but don't want to drive an hour for it since we're staying in Wailea. Thanks for the help.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 06:03 AM
joan

There's a great sushi restaurant in the Maui Prince Hotel, south of Wailea. I think it is called Hakone. We enjoyed it very much -- while we were there the restaurant itself was being renovated, but we ordered from the menu in the lounge next door, sushi chefs were in the kitchen. I'd love to see the renovated restaurant.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 07:48 AM
sn

If you really love sushi and don't make the drive to Sansei, that's a shame. It's the best sushi I've ever had and the trip from Wailea to Kapalua doesn't take an hour.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:16 AM
xxx

The drive from Wailea to Kapalua dosen't take an hour. It is only about 50 minutes !

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Susan

We had an incredible meal at Tokyo-Tokyo at the Mandarin Oriental hotel on Oahu. It was lovely to sit outside and hear the birds and the ocean. The sushi was some of the best I've had.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:36 AM
TJ

Thanks for the advice everyone. May play it by ear and see if we feel like driving to Kapalua, otherwise, sounds like the Maui Prince Hotel would be a good option. Wish we were leaving tomorrow.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Patty

There is a Sansei restaurant in Kihei now!!! Just opened recently. It is every bit as good as Kapalua one. We ate there this summer and really enjoyed it. Have fun!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:03 PM
TJ

Patty - If you in Maui at the same time as us, I'd buy you a california roll! That's great news as we didn't really want to drive 45 minutes for dinner, but really did want to try Sansei. At the very least, we'll toast you with some sake. THANKS!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Melissa

You can just go to Sansei on Oahu--it is located in Restaurant Row. Two other good sushi places on Oahu: Sasabune (expensive but super good) and Miraku (in a sidestreet also near Sasabune, sushi is better at the bar than at a seated table).